Notices

Celebrating the New Year--Clean and Sober

Old 12-31-2005, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
REZ

Celebrating the New Year--Clean and Sober

In my using/drinking days I always was wasted on New Years eve and hungover the next day. Today, I plan to be clean and sober with no hangover the next day. This is a great blessing! And yet, there is a part of me that would still like to celebrate the occasion in some way. I'm not sure what this will be. I know there will be an AA meeting all day/night: I may go to some of that. I also have my family (wife, two boys), and I don't really want to be out on the road at night with all the drunk drivers out there...So, we will also do some celebrating at home...In the old days, I celebrated by getting high/drunk. I don't want to do that anymore. My question is: how do you celebrate clean and sober?
Old 12-31-2005, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

First off for me just like any other day the celebration comes first from not picking up and using no matter what. I know that we are having a NA dance tonight, humm don't know if I will go though. Also I know that the AA will be open all night for cards, games, movies, etc. I might go down there for a little while but I will probably just go to sleep and tell my HP thanks for another day..

Love Vic
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Tonight I am going to a friend's house that is also in NA, he is having a bonfire and we are all camping out there...I'll be roasting hot dogs and marshmellows instead of brain cells.

I urge everyone to try to stay off the road tonight as much as possible....an armature drunk driver is a very dangerous animal!
Old 12-31-2005, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

I too am faced with thesame dilemma. I have even posted something of my own about it seeking advice from other members. However, I do plan on bringing it clean and sober... I just don't know what direction to take.

The advice on staying off of the roads as much as possible is a good one.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
REZ

I am also planning to stay off the roads. An AA friend says that New Year's eve is "amateur night."
Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Rez-celebrating 1 year is good news to hear!I wish you further life long successes
from 1 day at a time.I'm hispanic and native,so it looks like we already have some things
in common.You've gotta friend here!I hope to hear from you soon.*take care
Old 01-03-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
REZ

This was originally posted December 31, 2005.

I guess it still applies!