Notices

Cant Take This :(

Old 12-04-2005, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Cant Take This :(

My Dog Is In The Er And They Said Its Less Than 50%. Hes On Valium And Morphine, And Thats What I Should Be On. I Dont Know What To Do If He Doesnt Make It. Ive Been Trying To Stay Clean And This Is Horrible. Life Sucks As Usual, Just Gets Worse.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awww Gee Tony...

I have to tell you that you hit me where I used to live.

Dopes not gonna resolve anything .. Life will still suck and the bad news is that the drugs aren't gonna change that. Hell they aren't even going to make you feel better. They quit working. Thats why your here.

When I first got clean after the initial thrill of not having to chase the dope or sneak around trying to con some more wore off.. life still sucked. That was because my attitude was still driven by addiction. I wanted everything to go my way, expected people to throw me a party becuase i hadn't used for a couple 24 hr periods, and wondered why my heart still ached and I didn't like who I was and what my life had become. I was still in denial of the damage i had done, the ammount of work it was going to take to change, and the fact that accumulation of friends, money, property or prestige wasn't going to make up for the big hole addiction had gouged into me.

Those oldtimers kept telling me to keep coming back, get busy and do the steps, and it would get better.

I did and it has. Life still has a mess of twists and turns that come at me every day and some days I want to just crawl under my blanket and go back to sleep. And then I think about all the years I wasted doing that and I have to get up and get moving.

I know that it hurts, that it seems like you may not be making any headway. Stay the course, keep on not picking upo that first hit a minute at a time if necessary and get your ass to a meeting. You'l look back at some point and wonder how you ever could have imagined that the disease had such a grip on you and nearly convinced you to give up.

Stop for a minute and wonder what it would have been like had you been ripped. Would you have been able to feel what you do for your canine buddy? That means something big. It means your on your way back to becoming a human being that isn;'t disconnected from their emotions or tryng to run away from them anymore.

Stay the course my friend.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Obsessed Pug Momma

(((((((((((((Tony))))))))))))))
We have to be willing to go to any lengths to stay clean. Ordinarily I try to stick with "I" statements, meaning I say what works for me and try not to tell anyone what "they" have to do. However, it's important to remember this is a "we" program. We can do together what I cannot do alone. I've been through some life-changing, devastating pain and stayed clean through it. By allowing others to help me, "we" kept me clean through those excruciating times. Each time something like that happens, I try to make a full surrender to the program. I follow the suggestions that are given to me, such as getting to as many meetings as possible, spending all my free time with recovering friends, sharing, writing and praying. Remember, a hurting addict alone is in bad company. If you have a desire to stay clean, the "we" part of the program can help you stay clean. If you have phone numbers of NA members, call them and ask for help. If you don't, call an NA hotline. Get to the next available meeting. Arrange to spend time with someone. And certainly, if you have dope in the house, flush it now while there's still time.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

After the buzz the pain of life will still be their and you will just feel like **** for doing it.
Try to find even the smallest possitive and focus on that.
Good Luck!!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gooch
Awww Gee Tony...

I have to tell you that you hit me where I used to live.

Dopes not gonna resolve anything .. Life will still suck and the bad news is that the drugs aren't gonna change that. Hell they aren't even going to make you feel better. They quit working. Thats why your here.

When I first got clean after the initial thrill of not having to chase the dope or sneak around trying to con some more wore off.. life still sucked. That was because my attitude was still driven by addiction. I wanted everything to go my way, expected people to throw me a party becuase i hadn't used for a couple 24 hr periods, and wondered why my heart still ached and I didn't like who I was and what my life had become. I was still in denial of the damage i had done, the ammount of work it was going to take to change, and the fact that accumulation of friends, money, property or prestige wasn't going to make up for the big hole addiction had gouged into me.

Those oldtimers kept telling me to keep coming back, get busy and do the steps, and it would get better.

I did and it has. Life still has a mess of twists and turns that come at me every day and some days I want to just crawl under my blanket and go back to sleep. And then I think about all the years I wasted doing that and I have to get up and get moving.

I know that it hurts, that it seems like you may not be making any headway. Stay the course, keep on not picking upo that first hit a minute at a time if necessary and get your ass to a meeting. You'l look back at some point and wonder how you ever could have imagined that the disease had such a grip on you and nearly convinced you to give up.

Stop for a minute and wonder what it would have been like had you been ripped. Would you have been able to feel what you do for your canine buddy? That means something big. It means your on your way back to becoming a human being that isn;'t disconnected from their emotions or tryng to run away from them anymore.

Stay the course my friend.

THANK YOU FOR THAT. THATS THE ODD THING I NOTICED I HAVENT FELT THESE EMOTIONS IN PROBABLY 10 YEARS. WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH ALOT TOGETHER AND I HAVENT DEALT WITH AN ISSUE OF THIS MAGNITUDE BEFORE WITHOUT NARCOTICS. I JUST DONT KNOW HOW
Old 12-05-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((((((Tony)))))))))))

I know how you feel about your dog trust me and also thank you for letting me remember the good times that we had. I am going to look for my thread of Lucky and MY Journey..

Love Vic

Also you can stay clean through this I did, and if I can do it anyone can..
Old 12-05-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Just one hour, one minute at a time that is how. And keep reminding yourself that using it not going to change the situation. I am sorry for the pain you feel, I have been there. Please dont use it as an excuse to use, stay focused on staying sober, it will get better, but we have to work for it. I know I have to work for it everyday.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daydream
(((((((((((((Tony))))))))))))))
We have to be willing to go to any lengths to stay clean. Ordinarily I try to stick with "I" statements, meaning I say what works for me and try not to tell anyone what "they" have to do. However, it's important to remember this is a "we" program. We can do together what I cannot do alone. I've been through some life-changing, devastating pain and stayed clean through it. By allowing others to help me, "we" kept me clean through those excruciating times. Each time something like that happens, I try to make a full surrender to the program. I follow the suggestions that are given to me, such as getting to as many meetings as possible, spending all my free time with recovering friends, sharing, writing and praying. Remember, a hurting addict alone is in bad company. If you have a desire to stay clean, the "we" part of the program can help you stay clean. If you have phone numbers of NA members, call them and ask for help. If you don't, call an NA hotline. Get to the next available meeting. Arrange to spend time with someone. And certainly, if you have dope in the house, flush it now while there's still time.
I DONT FEEL CAPABLE OF DRIVING A CAR. IM HAVING PANIC ATTACKS. LIFE IS JUST RIDICULOUS. I HAD THE BEST SATURDAY IVE HAD IN A YEAR AND I WAS CLEAN, THEN THE WORST SUNDAY AND TODAY EVER.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
((((((((((Tony)))))))))))

I know how you feel about your dog trust me and also thank you for letting me remember the good times that we had. I am going to look for my thread of Lucky and MY Journey..

Love Vic

Also you can stay clean through this I did, and if I can do it anyone

can..
HI, ID LIKE TO READ THAT THREAD. I KEEP REMEMBERING THE GOOD TIMES BUT THAT IS WHAT IS KILLING ME KNOWING THEY MAY BE OVER WITH.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulie
Just one hour, one minute at a time that is how. And keep reminding yourself that using it not going to change the situation. I am sorry for the pain you feel, I have been there. Please dont use it as an excuse to use, stay focused on staying sober, it will get better, but we have to work for it. I know I have to work for it everyday.
ITS JUST I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITHOUT DRUGS, IVE NEVER DONE IT. THANKS FOR YOUR POST. NOW HE HAS TO BE MOVED TO ANOTHER CITY TO GET THE PROPER TREATMENT. ALL THIS HAPPENS WHEN IM GETTING MY LIFE BACK TOGETHER.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I just posted on it Tony it is in the NA Forum it is Never Forget You Lucky our Journey I go there once in a while but trust me YOU don't have to use over this. I have been clean going on 9 months now. I know that Lucky wouldn't want me to use either.

Love vic
Old 12-05-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TONYTEXAS
ITS JUST I DONT KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITHOUT DRUGS, IVE NEVER DONE IT.
We learn how to deal with life by working a program of recovery, Tony. Just removing the drugs and alcohol from our bodies, still leaves and addict / alcoholic stuck in his or her own mind and skin. If nothing changes on the inside, we will sooner or later revert back to old habits. You have a list of meetings in your area and maps to help you get there. Go and share what you are going through. Help is available, but you've got to get out the door, ya know?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
I just posted on it Tony it is in the NA Forum it is Never Forget You Lucky our Journey I go there once in a while but trust me YOU don't have to use over this. I have been clean going on 9 months now. I know that Lucky wouldn't want me to use either.

Love vic
THANKS I SAW IT AND COULD ONLY BEAR TO READ THE FIRST 3 POSTS. CONGRATS ON YOUR CLEAN TIME BY THE WAY. I DONT KNOW IF I CAN EVEN GO TO WORK TODAY, IM TOO......SAD
Old 12-05-2005, 08:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phinneas
We learn how to deal with life by working a program of recovery, Tony. Just removing the drugs and alcohol from our bodies, still leaves and addict / alcoholic stuck in his or her own mind and skin. If nothing changes on the inside, we will sooner or later revert back to old habits. You have a list of meetings in your area and maps to help you get there. Go and share what you are going through. Help is available, but you've got to get out the door, ya know?
HELLO PHINNY ITS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. I DONT KNOW IF I CAN DRIVE NOW THATS HOW BAD I FEEL, IM EVEN PHYSICALLY SICK FROM THIS SITUATION AND HAVENT SLEPT THE LAST TWO NIGHTS.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

None of us knew how to deal with pain and loss and the realities of life when we first got clean. And even as we continue to stay clean and new situations and challenges face us in life we learn to deal with them as they come.

You deal with it exactly like you are right now, by reaching out and talking about how you are feeling rather than stuff the feelings with dope. You keep talking. You find a meeting today and you share your pain at that meeting. I promise you that at least one (most like alot more) person in that room has gone through what you are feeling. If you were here in my town, that person would be me.
Like I said, none of us know how to deal when we first get clean, we just stay clean, do not use, keep doing the next right thing....and we learn.

You are doing just that, you are doing the next right thing. Keep talking, keep sharing.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

None of us knew how to deal with pain and loss and the realities of life when we first got clean. And even as we continue to stay clean and new situations and challenges face us in life we learn to deal with them as they come.

You deal with it exactly like you are right now, by reaching out and talking about how you are feeling rather than stuff the feelings with dope. You keep talking. You find a meeting today and you share your pain at that meeting. I promise you that at least one (most like alot more) person in that room has gone through what you are feeling. If you were here in my town, that person would be me.
Like I said, none of us know how to deal when we first get clean, we just stay clean, do not use, keep doing the next right thing....and we learn.

You are doing just that, you are doing the next right thing. Keep talking, keep sharing.

THANK YOU PAULIE. I DIDNT KNOW I COULD EVEN PRODUCE THESE EMOTIONS. I EVEN PRAYED LAST NIGHT TO GOD OR WHOEVER TO NOT DO THIS NOW. LET HIM PULL THROUGH OR TAKE ME INSTEAD. THANKS AGAIN FOR RESPONDING
Old 12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

There is the truth, and today I am so grateful that I am learning and I know that a drink or a drug will not do anything but mess life up worse, that is to say if I even would live. I am NOT willing to USE today no matter what happens today, because IF I use I will LOOSE>>>

Love Vic
Old 12-05-2005, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Take you instead, well I understand but you do know that is not going to happen.

Oh believe me, I 100% understand when you start feeling and you didnt know you could feel like that. I remember vividily one of the first times I let my feelings show, I was in a meeting in the rehab I went to. It was an amazing experience, the emotions just poured out of me.

Call your local NA hotline, ask someone to come take you to a meeting today, reach out. And know when you are reaching out for help, you are helping someone else just as much as helping yourself.

I will say a prayer that your dog is peaceful and comfortable.

I had a few years clean when I lost my dog of over 15 years, my mother ran over him, he was in the hospital for 3 days before I lost him, well I had to take make the decision to let him go. It was so hard. I held him and thanked him for being my friend for all those years. I thanked him for never giving up on me all the years I was using, for always being loyal to me and meeting me at the door no matter how long I had been gone. And I promised him that I would love any animal after him just as much as him out of respect for him, but diffently, if that makes sense.

I know this all may sound corny, but this is what happened to me when I lost my Scottie dog. It was healing for me to do that.

I pray for comfort for you and your dog.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Im Just Really Upset, I Dont Want To Use But I Dont Know What To Do. I Know No One Does But D@mn When It Rains It Pours I Guess
Old 12-05-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

One of the many things I have learned in recovery is when you dont' know what to do, it is okay to do nothing.