Notices

Help- E,S,H needed

Old 11-29-2005, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help- E,S,H needed

One of my old good buddies wants me to **** for him and my gut said NO. This was the hardest thing I had to do. He has kids that he'll lose custody if he fails. I can't believe he put that shite on me!! I'm pissed and confused but I know I did the right thing in my heart.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You my friend are traveling the Red Road... Truth is essential and you did the next right thing.... HO!

According to Native American tradition, walking the Red Road is a metaphor for living within the Creator’s rules—a life of truth, friendship, respect, spirituality, and humanitarianism.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clyde's Bonnie

Moontime-

I Know What U Did Was Hard. Very Hard. But Its The Things That Are Too Easy To Do That Are Wrong. It Is His Problem! His Kids Need To Mean More To Him Than They Mean To You. They're His Children. Not To Sound Like A
B!1("i" But Maybe He Shouldn't Have Full Custody Of His Children If He Is Doing Drugs All The Time- Not A Good Influence Right Now. Hang In There- Talk To Him, Tell Him How U Really Feel.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You did the right thing, Moon. You did the ONLY thing you could do as a person of integrity in this program of honesty. If a sponsee came to you with this same question, what would you advise? See?

Your friend has to find his own bottom, his own place of surrender. If losing his kids is a part of that, then so be it. He has a god, too, who has a plan for him - just like you and me.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Day by day....

Hi Moon,
Absolutely agree with everyone else here - there was no other choice than the one you made. And he is no true friend if he's asked you to do something like this. I know for me once I found the program I began to see the difference between using friends and real friends. I call th eold friends using friends for more than one reason - we USED dope and we USED each other. This old buddy clearly wanted to use you and take advantage you.

I always feel bad for children caught in this web through no fault of their own. But, we all know that consequences must be felt if we are going to have any kind of bottom that might lead us to positive change. In al reality like the other post said - they kids are not in the best situation if their father is using. Right now the drugs come first, otherwise he wouldn't be in this situation.

Let go of the confusion and anger my friend. It is very clear from the outside looking in that you 100% did the next right thing and you walked the path of recovery. Even when the decisions are hard..the tests we are given tell us alot about our own dedication to the programs principles. You should be very proud of yourself. I hope that your friend finds his own way some day. God works in our lives in mysterious and powerful ways...perhaps this will be the kick in the butt your friend needs to find a new way of life.

Give yourself a big pat on the back and then say a prayer for him and his family.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For Moon

:scratchch
I absolutley agree with everybody...
Especially the part where it was mentioned that he needs to hit his bottom ...Don't feel bad even if he gives ya the "guilt trip"
We know how thick we can lay it on......
We are addicts,we can even B.S. ourselves!!!

YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I git asked tat question after a buddy of mine flipped his scooter and had to do an evaluation.

I asked him why he thought he should avoid his consequences and said I guess we'll just find out who the real tough guy is here.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Your right, that is an awful position to put someone in. He had no right to ask that of you. He should have though about those consequences before he picked up. Sad.
Bless,
Trish
Old 11-30-2005, 02:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You did the right thing Moon.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I did the right thing. I feel it in my heart that it was the thing to do. That gut feeling was aligned with God's will today.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Be at peace with your decision.