Notices

Maybe i should join alanon instead of being an addict???

Old 11-24-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I WILL SURVIVE IT ALL

Maybe i should join alanon instead of being an addict???

It seems that the people in alanon are such hardasses and in control of their feelings......I wish i could get that feeling from the meetings i go to here in the midwest. I think i am going to move somewhere where i can feel like part of a group...
Old 11-24-2005, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

I'm not sure I'm getting what you're saying.... can you be more specific?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-24-2005, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I WILL SURVIVE IT ALL

More specific?

Yes, i go to meetings here in MN. and it seems like i just keep hearing the same thing, over and over.....Then i read a couple posts from people in alanon or nar....and it seems like the advice people give is so strong and powerful and gives guidance and direction and i feel like i am just sliding down the deep razor sharp cliff........So i am a smart guy sometimes....i like to think,,,,,i thought i would just join alanon so i could get a swift kick in the behind and get some direction.....0r maybe it is just the meetings i am going to and i havent opened up enough...??? hell i dont even know if what i am saying makes any sense,,,i am losing all my senses lately..
Old 11-24-2005, 06:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Do you have a sponsor? To me, meetings are a place where I share general things about my recovery, and with a sponsor, I share more specific things - things that maybe I don't want to toss on the tables in a meeting. It's from my sponsor that I get those specific, most times a lot tougher, suggestions.

If you don't have one, have you been looking for one? And, if you do have one and s/he isn't offering the experience, strength, and hope you feel you need, are you looking for a new one?

Maybe trying some different meetings would help, too.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-25-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
REZ

Both programs work the 12 steps. NA/AA focus on recovery from addiciton/alcoholism; NARON/ALANON focus on recovery from co-dependent relationsips with addicts/alcoholics. The first step is slightly different for each, but the other 11 are exactly the same. You may need both programs. Get honest with yourself about what your problems are and talk to your sponsor. Shalom...