Notices

7 Months In 2 More Days YESSSSSSSSS

Old 11-19-2005, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

7 Months In 2 More Days YESSSSSSSSS

Yep it has been 7 months in two more days since I have found this site of SR and have made it my home. I was clean and sober on March 29th of this year and had never ran a computer in my life when I bought this one, and when I got it a guy from my home group is a computer tech back home in Nebraska and I asked if there was any recovery sites on the computer. He punched in this one and OMG has it been a ride (to put it mild). It was on April 22, 2005 that he registered me and I didn't even know how to post.

What a ride it has been too, the crap that I had to go through in the last almost 8 months has been something else, yet I would not exchange it today for anything. I know that it has been ruff on a lot of people here at SR with me around, I wish that it didn't have to be so hard on me yet I know that I did try the best that I could to be calm...LOL that wasn't very often. It seems like after I look at the post that I have done and it was a ride from HELL. I am grateful today for that ride though if that makes any sense.

The peace and the happiness that I have found here has been wonderful, and it is starting to pay off now. I have been very content and happy for almost 4 weeks now, a complete change has came over me, and it started when I started working the Program (The Steps). I have not even really thought about using or drinking it is like that part of me has left. I am so grateful about that also.

I know today that I don't have to use, I know today that I do have a choice and I know today that I have a choice on my own happiness as well. I came from a 3,000 dollar a week ICE addiction to nothing, no treatment center, HELL SR detoxed me LOL>>>I know that I pretty much drove everyone, including myself NUTS, yet it took all of that for me to be where I am today. I am sorry that I put SR through so much during the first 6 months of my sobriety, yet I did the best that I could at the time. I am not perfect yet I think that something very strange has happened to me.

I don't think that I have known peace for so long that this is very strange territory for me but yet I am just letting it roll and I don't think today that I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, I don't believe that it has to. I believe that today I can be helpful, productive, happy, content, and serene. So if I could tell anyone new here anything, I would just say be honest with what you post, you might make a few people pissed off, you might even make them withdrawl from you completely also, but It will help you release whatever you need. And there are a few here that no matter what you say, they will be with you through thick and thin.

I will end with this, a good friend that took me off of the streets when I was young, Cecil, he ran his own business, he feed me, bought me smokes, and he was like a dad to me used to always say to me "Watts, if you could have as many friend as you have fingers on one hand, you would have the world." Well one day when I was out there, that friend Cecil, was in the hospital, I walked into the room and found it full of people from the family. When I seen everyone I said "Why all the gloom faces???" When I looked around the corner that friend was dead, I broke down and cried, left and did more dope. Today I want to say Cecil your friend Vic is off of that SH!T...

Thanks SR for being a family to me....

Love Vic
Old 11-20-2005, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your insides are becoming beautiful Vic, my dear
Old 11-20-2005, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That was a beautiful post, Vic and brought tears to my eyes. I just know that Cecil is looking down and smiling on you today and that his spirit will live in your heart forever.

You're doing great, Vic, and working the Steps brings us each so many gifts. I can hear the peace in your voice, so I know you are getting the gifts too.

Big hugs and congratulations!! And thank you for sharing your recovery with me.

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-20-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WTG Vic!!! Keep up the great work!! you give me hope
Old 11-20-2005, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks everyone not only do I have HOPE today, I have FAITH, and I know that prayer works, the Twelve Steps are wonderful and are helping me so much, and SR has helped me when I couldn't help myself..I am happy, joyous, and free...

Love Vic
Old 11-20-2005, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic,

The peace and happiness you have found shows so much! It shows in the way you feel about yourself and your life and the way you help others at SR. I am so happy for you and you should be SO proud of yourself. Cecil knows that you're okay today and he's proud of you too!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

keep up the GREAT work Vic!