Notices

Found MY NA Home Group!!!!!

Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Found MY NA Home Group!!!!!

I am so excited I went to a meeting last night and yes they only meet 3 times a week but this is huge. I enjoyed myself so much and they had a crowd of about 50-60 people there last night. I didn't talk but I have a sponsor through the AA program that I am going through the NA Step Study Guide with and he was there. He explained to me why he has one as a home group and not the other here where I live and it made perfect sense to me.

I knew quite a few people that were there and it was an awesome meeting. One guy just came back from having 6 months of clean time that he gave away. That was sad, but I know today that it did help me to hear what he had to say. I learned something about Vic last night, and lately I have been learning alot about Vic. I am an addict I know today who I am. That is what is important to me I know who I am today. I also know where I belong, I belong in the rooms of recovery, I belong in society.

Today I deserve to be the best Vic that I can be, to be the person that I have always wanted to be and didn't know how. Today through working the steps with my sponsor I am finding that person. It is a slow process but I can already feel the benifits, the icing on the cake. Staying clean is the most important thing, cause without that I would not have anything at all. As long as I keep doing what I have been and following suggestions I will materialize to be the Vic of my dreams.

Love You All

Vic
Old 11-14-2005, 05:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hey Vic, Glad to here that you found a home group and that you are doing good. Keep doing what your doing.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by BikerBill8
Hey Vic, Glad to here that you found a home group and that you are doing good. Keep doing what your doing.
Thanks Bill I am glad to see that you are around, I am hardly here anymore but it is sure nice to see you around, hope that all is going well with you also. I went to another meeting tonight and it was awesome, I know that I have too look within instead of looking at everyone else. I get these reminders day by day.

I wish I could be here at SR more than I am but that is life on lifes terms and plus I have been really focusing on MY recovery lately and that is what it is all about. Then I hear that one addict can best understand and help another addict and that is so so much the truth..I have to go and Keep on working out of the NA Step Study Guide, step 3 LOL<<>>>>This is fun and enjoyable because I can see what is going to happen when I get to twelve.

Love Vic