Meth Withdrawl

Old 11-11-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meth Withdrawl

Hi all, I'm looking for some info on crystal meth withdrawl. My wife has had
an ongoing problem with meth. I thought that she was clean again, but
sadly I was wrong. I was wonderng what I should expect from her during
this time. I haven't been through this with her and she seems sincere in her
desire to quit so I would like to be prepared.

I myself just had my 5th year birthday sober, so I understand its hard to get
clean. However, I not very educated on meth.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((Trying2)))))

Glad that you are here I was on Meth heavily, I couldn't get enough of it. I was using around $3,000.00 a week when I put it down. I don't remember a week after I put it down, I was in a walking blackout during that time. I know that it was hell for me in early sobriety, I was on a rollercoaster ride like I have never experienced. My emotiions would be ok and then wham out of the blue it would hit. I did go to meetings everyday and do what I was told to do, but in early recovery for me was not fun. And then around the 4-6 month period I started to feel, maybe earlier. I didn't like it at all but I didn't pick up either. At the 6 month period it was really hard.

Today I am almost up to 8 months of being clean and sober and today it is a lot better but it still is hard somedays. I just hang in there that is all any of us can do..I hope that she makes it I will send some good thoughts to both of you..

Love Vic
Old 11-11-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI, Vic Congratulations. My d/a was into meth pretty heavy, along with other numerous narcotics. She is 60+ days clean right now. Do you remember how long your mood swings lasted, or do you still experience those now? Her moods get really, really low. She is not attending meetings regularly either. She was in inpatient treatment for approximately 2 weeks, but was then medically discharged due to her severe anxiety attacks, but of course, she has not have any anxiety attacks since being released. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. She is only 19 years old and has her life ahead of her. Thanks and again Congratulations!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Guys! Congratulations Lucky.. 8 months! Fabulous and Keep it up!

I used meth daily for a couple of years.. my whole family did. I took me quite a few months for my brain to become ungarbled and for my seratonin levels to become natural. I was afraid I would NEVER be OK again but I went to meetings, got a sponsor, worked the steps and just plain white knuckled it sometimes and now with a few years clean and sober I feel pretty stable emotionally and can actually read a whole book without my eyeballs jumping all over the page!! I did have terrible problems with anxiety! Exercise helped a lot. That crap really eats you up physically. I also took an anti depressant at night called "elavil" that helped me sleep and decreased my anxiety levels because it helped my seratonin levels. It's an older type anti depressant and I didn't experience the daze I felt with others such as zoloft or the mania I felt with Prozac. Somewhere around 3 months I lost that roller coaster of emotions.. All of us want to feel better instantly and we forget how long it took us to get messed up. Recovery is a process... it's not an event!
Old 11-12-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Withdrawls from meth went like so......(for me at least).....slept a lot, ate a lot, slept some more, then slept some more, woke up pissed at the guards for not releasing me, went back to sleep, ate a lot more, yelled at people walking past my cell (honestly I think I even yelled when nobody was there). went back to sleep, woke up pissed at nobody in particular, ate some food, got pissed because the food was gross, went back to sleep. Oh yeah did I forget to mention I slept A LOT!!, My body was just soooo drained from lack of sleep and lack of food that I needed to replenish myself. It took , mmmmmm , I'm guessing here , maybe three months before I could stay awake for more than 8 hours at a time. For me the physical withdrawls were not too bad, it was the psychological withdrawls that really got to me.........I NEED TO GET LOADED!! These thoughts were with me constantly........Suggestion; if your wife is going through this not in a treatment center, Terrific idea for her to get a support group. As I'm sure you probably know, the early times are the toughest. It is possible
Old 11-13-2005, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my first time here.............I was drug free for 6 days.....and used "ice" tonite........everytime I search for treatment..I get a list of 800 numbers because I do not have pvt. insurance. I want to be clean and need an avenue to follow
Old 11-17-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

New here coming off smoik glass sleep and eat sleep ant eat,how right u are about that,mood cry for no reason,gonna go to n/a class tonight.sniffed meth 10 years ago,but NOTHING can compare to smokin it.It has become my god..