Notices

Sponsor & I reveiwed Step Two

Old 11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Lightbulb Sponsor & I reveiwed Step Two

OMG the insanity of the drinking and using, the insanity of the mind before we pick up, the insanity of doing the same things expecting the result to be different are huge. I have been doing my Steps with a sponsor out of the NA Step Study Guide and this is a lot more than just saying that "We Came to believe that a Power Greater Than Ourselves could restore us to sanity." There is so much that you need to look at in reality that just mouthing the words and expect to be done.

The first sponsor that I got when I moved here said "Do you believe that a Power Greater than you can restore you to sanity?" I said YES duh. but then I was thinking about what Godonmyside (Todd) said that step two goes a lot deeper than that, I was not even happy about what I had done. So I took a suggestion from someone here at SR (godonmyside) and went and got me a different sponsor to really work the steps. Here is when things really did start to improve, not saying that everything is just hunky dory but a hell of a lot better than I have ever been since I got clean and sober this time.

I wrote about step one review and today I have completed step two with my sponsor and I really am aware of how the insanity of the mind (atleast my mind) works and hell I have NEVER know that. I still today would not have known it if I hadn't worked this step like it was suppose to. Here is an example of the insanity for me.

I used to own my own Handyman Business and I am quite good at what I do. I was in heavy addiction back then and in that year I was married at the time. I had sold all of my equipement 3 times during that year and bought it back when I would get a little money back (off drugs for awhile) but I could not leave the alcohol and drugs alone, living without electric cause I didn't pay the bill, had a 100ft extension cord running over to the neihbors so we could have some sort of electric, dead in the winter, no heat, children at the house wondering Why we had cords running all over the house. Had to cook on a colman camp stove, and all that time what went through my mind back then was that I was having a run of BAD LUCK!!! If that damn electric bill would have only waited, blah blah blah..

Today I know that it would be insane to go back TODAY and have all of the tools that have been freely given to me and not to do MY PART as well. I still have to do my part in this deal. Another thing that I noticed is that when I have my bills all caught up and out of debt and I have no trouble with money, I start to think that all is OK, maybe now it will be different. I would have never come to realize all of this if I had not worked Step 2 instead of mouthing it.

So today I am grateful for the steps, sponsorship, literature, meetings, my HP whom I am now starting to have a relationship with, SR, and everyone that comes into my life. I have also noticed that there is so much to work on but I am willing to do this deal and OMG I want to. Thanks for letting me share and I hope that you all expecially the newcomer will see how it is important to do the very best that you can on the steps, because your self-worth and everything else will improve a great deal. Love and respect you all

Love Vic
Old 11-09-2005, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I went back to edit it but it won't let me OH well.............................................. ..............
Old 11-10-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Sounds like you are keeping it moving. What a Vision of Hope.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

"Came to Believe that A Power Greater Than Myself Could Restore me to sanity" the question out of the Step Study Guide said what is or is not my God, MY HIGHER POWER>>>I think that I am going to take quite a few baby steps here, and try to be open to a lot of things like GOD= Good Orderly Direction, Just Do the NEXT RIGHT THING, It doesn't have to be defined today, I just know that something out there is keeping me clean and sober, but I still have to do my part as well. I am grateful today to be responsible, productive, member of society. Also I am grateful to be doing this the NA AND AA WAY.. I am really focusing on recovery in all aspects today. I even found my self praying as I was painting, just talking out loud..LOL>>I hope that I just continuing doing this for today, and My sponsor said that I could now start on step 3 in the NA Step Study Guide. I think I might be getting a little nervous over that but I will put one foot in front of the other..

Have a great day...

Love Vic
Old 11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Vic
Wonderful, truly inspiring, thank you!
Cathy31
x