Notices

Just For Today: November 5 - God's guidance

Old 11-05-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Just For Today: November 5 - God's guidance

November 5
God's guidance

"Our Higher power is accessible to us at all times. We receive guidance when we ask for knowledge of God's will for us."

Basic Text p. 92

It's not always easy to make the right decision. This is especially true for addicts learning to live by spiritual principles for the first time. In addiction, we developed self-destructive, anti-social impulses. When conflict arose, we took our cues from those negative impulses. Our disease didn't prepare us to make sound decisions.

Today, to find the direction we need, we ask our Higher Power. We stop; we pray; and, quietly, we listen within for guidance. We've come to believe that we can rely on a Power greater than ourselves. That Power is accessible to us whenever we need it. All we need do is pray for knowledge of our God's will for us and the power to carry it out.

Each time we do this, each time we find direction amidst our confusion, our faith grows. The more we rely on our Higher Power, the easier it becomes to ask for direction: We've found the Power we were lacking in our addiction, a Power that is available to us at all times. To find the direction we need to live fully and grow spiritually, all we have to do is maintain contact with the God of our understanding.

Just for today: My Higher Power is a source of spiritual guidance within me that I can always draw upon. When I lad direction today. I will ask for knowledge of my Higher Power will.

pg. 323

Just For Today Daily Meditation is the property of Narcotics Anonymous©
Old 11-05-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great topic for tonight's meeting. Also kinda ironic.I finished my 3rd step a while back.Today my sponsor and I made plans to finally go over it together.