Notices

I have a question about drug test results

Old 10-28-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just for today....

I have a question about drug test results

If a drug test was taken for probation on Tuesday, would results be available by today? I would have assumed a contact would have made by a probation officer if something was wrong.

Am I right in assuming this?

Just wondering...thanks!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not necessarily. Probation officers are notoriously busy/have huge caseloads. Usually they just wait until the next scheduled appointment and if the results from last test were positive, then they just call for a deputy to come arrest you. Here in Michigan, on the first and sometimes second 'dirty drop' you just get a warning. If the addict really can't stay clean, he/she can usually check into rehab before being court-ordered there or to avoid jail. They always lock you up after the third 'dirty drop'. Sometimes they will up the requirements i.e. come in to drop 3x per week, daily meetings, basically whatever hoops they want to make you jump through. Probation sucks. Many people would rather just get locked up and get it over with than have to deal with some probation officer/ control freak.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just for today....

Thanks Tuff........

I am actually asking as a wife of an addict. He had 1 year clean and used on Saturday. He voluntereed for something called IEP where he tests 2 times a week at some clinic (he did this to help keep him sober, now it's biting him in the a**). Anyway, we are in Michigan too. He is saliva tested, he used Sat and tested Tues and drank alot of Gatorade and some magic potion or something. I am just waiting, I would think that since it is an intense drug screen someone would have busted him by now.

Just wondering if I need to make "arrangements"

Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate it.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sure, no problem. I wish I didn't know so well, but the truth is I have been through it myself, as has my sister and 1 or 2 ex-bfs.
Also, it does depend on the substance used and the amount. If you go to a site called Erowid.com, there are facts and figures about every drug imaginable ( and some you probably never dreamed of !) lol! Hope that helps! BTW, where in Michigan are you? We are in GR. Best of luck!