Notices

SR N/A members rock

Old 10-25-2005, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

SR N/A members rock

I would just like to take the time to thank the members of NA right here on SR. I am a member of another online NA group and all it seems to be is a lot of stupid bickering, debates on outside issues, name calling and a bunch of other crap that is not healthy in the life of this recovering addict. I was drawn into a debate on religion earlier this morning, which led to this certain individual verbally assulting me and calling me names. Deffinatly unhealthy behaviors. So Thanks to all the members right here and we don't endorse outside sites, and I strongly DIS-ENDORSE the before-mentioned site, which I shall not name, unless you want to know so you can avoid

I Love You all right here on SR
Old 10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'll add my thanks to all the members of SR who help to make this place such a haven for us all. I've been shown a great ammount of compassion, tolerance, and patience since I've been here I only hope that I can put to practice all of the good examples I'm shown.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Livin' the NA WAY

I am a member of another online NA group and all it seems to be is a lot of stupid bickering, debates on outside issues, name calling and a bunch of other crap that is not healthy in the life of this recovering addict.
Not everyone is healthy in recovery, nor is it easy to tell if someone is even in recovery while reading something on the internet. That is why I take it all with a grain of salt.
Hopefully I stay open minded enough to have healthy discussions on subjects.
Preferrably not on outside issues.
I was surprised to see some distaste for NA on the net. Now I realize that controversary surrounds NA, and I can let it bother me if I let it, or choose to "leave it". Glad you left that and realized none of those things pertain to you staying clean in your recovery.
JFT - I am thankful for my recovery and the honesty~openmindness~willingness that comes with it.
Glad your here. Without you, and all the other members here.there would be one less person in recovery to help me learn in my recovery.
Thanks,
Chad

PS It adds another thing to add to my gratitude list. I AM VERY thankful for my homegroup and what we do have. Those little idiosyncracies, that I thought could use some work, seem perfectly acceptable now.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

I too am grateful for members here, I too have been to some sites that are crazy, and find this site here at SR to have some awesome members that want help and to share their experience, strength and hope with one another. I have met some great folks here, and will continue to be part of my process.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
REZ

I like this site too. Glad to have you here.