Notices

How can I get help when I don't know if I want it(SCARED)

Old 10-24-2005, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry How can I get help when I don't know if I want it(SCARED)

[/I]
Hi there.I'm Nicole. I really need someone to talk to. I'm at a place in my life
where I really don't know what to do. I'm scared!! I will start from the beganning. I worked at a nursing home. For about nine months. I started having pain in my back, And was then put on Vicadine. I left that job because it hurt me to bad. I got a MRI and , other test. They said I had deginerating disk, A fatty tumor on my spine, And it would never get better. I'm 27 And at that time I was only about the age of 23. I begun enjoying the vicadine, And the buzz I got off of it. It only took like 3 vicadins aday and I was in heaven. Something I always called it. For some reason the pain wasent as emportant anymore. Not as emportant as how good the meds made me feel. I would say depression played a role at that time. Even more so now. Because I hated feeling normal.I was only happy on vicadine!!
Thats until I had to go to a pain dr. Because of my age ,My Family Dr. had givin me my limet of narcotics and to keep getting them I had to see a Pain specialest. I did. And at first he just uped my vicadine. What was 4 a day went to 6. In my mind I was in a better heaven.
Now three months have past at the pain clinic and I was hoping to get percocet. So I say to my Dr." Is there anything I can take that I don't have to take so much of". he thought a minet and then says to me...... How about oxycotin!!!!!!!! Yes I've heard of it, IT was the one drug my husband demanded of me That I never try...So at first it was 20 mil. two times a day.
And still left me on all that vicadine. I did'nt think my husband would be mad. After all it came from my dr. He gave it to me. Right, I did'nt get it from the street. Needless to say I should have listened to him!!! Now my Vicadin is gone, And I get 90 20s A month. And I can take 10 a day. Its bad.... I need help.... Advice..A friend....Im so depressed... It goes so fast and when its gone....I can't get out of bed. I dont even take them right I snort them!!!!!!!!!
Can someone help me figure out , A way out. Im screaming inside my soul for help Sencerly Nicole

Last edited by Nicole; 10-24-2005 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spell check
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You snort them? How?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Nicole,
Your story sounds a lot like mine. I was prescribed Vicodin for legitimate pain, and got hooked on the "high". Now I have to take more and more to feel anything, and when I run out, I panic and make up something to tell the Dr. to get more. I just joined this site not too long ago, and after a lot of reading of posts I realize that I am truly addicted to it (never really thought I was). I always thought I could stop taking them whenever I wanted to, but now I know I can't. I'm struggling with trying to get off of them, but it is much harder than I thought. And the hardest part is, I don't really want to, but I know I have to. I totally understand what you're going through....keep coming back here and we'll help each other, ok?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome....hang around here and you will learn that there is life after opiate pain killers. It'll get easier as time goes by. mari
Old 10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NO QUACKING PLEASE!!

Nicole - Do you have insurance? Are you willing to go to Detox? I went through this with my husband. Same type of thing vicodin and then oxy's. If you are willing to get help ask for it, does your husband know whats going on? You can't do this alone.

Not just your mind is addicted but your body needs the opiates now to function. To get off of this crap you need professional help. Shame on that doctor for putting you on oxy's. Those are for brain cancer patients. There are lawsuits against the pharmaceutical companies b/c people weren't aware of the risks when taking them.

At least you took the first step and that is realizing that you have a problem. PM if you want, I will be happy to listen. Best of Luck
Old 10-24-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FEELING STUCK
Nicole - Do you have insurance? Are you willing to go to Detox? I went through this with my husband. Same type of thing vicodin and then oxy's. If you are willing to get help ask for it, does your husband know whats going on? You can't do this alone.

Not just your mind is addicted but your body needs the opiates now to function. To get off of this crap you need professional help. Shame on that doctor for putting you on oxy's. Those are for brain cancer patients. There are lawsuits against the pharmaceutical companies b/c people weren't aware of the risks when taking them.

At least you took the first step and that is realizing that you have a problem. PM if you want, I will be happy to listen. Best of Luck

sounds like a replay of what happened to my husband...hydro then oxy....
feeling stuck is right...get yourself to a detox....we did it the hard way even thought mh has insurance...he says if he had it to do over he would go to detox. withdrawal is not fun....but worth it. mari
Old 10-24-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

First of all.......

Not for nothing.....I would suggest that any medical advice given on a website be considered but not taken as valid necessarily. Who knows who is on the other side of the keyboard.

Shame on that doctor for putting you on oxy's. Those are for brain cancer patients
What? Oxycotin is a pain killer.... it's used to manage pain..

There are lawsuits against the pharmaceutical companies b/c people weren't aware of the risks when taking them.
Got a link to a news article or a reference?

2ndly Welcome to SR.. in particular welcome to the Narcotics Anonymous forum at Soberrecovery. This forum is intended for members of NA and those interested in the program of Narcotics Anonymous to share experience, strength, and hope with their recovery from addiction.

We are recovering addicts who have found relief from active addiction by applying the principles of the 12 steps of the Narcotics Anonymous program. Addicts come here to help and get help.

Nicole have you tried going to an NA meeting? Would you like some help finding one?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paralysisofwill
You snort them? How?
My first sponsors first suggestion to me was to get a dictionary....

These days I know why he thought that so important.

Snort :
To breathe noisily and forcefully through the nostrils.

Slang. To ingest a drug, such as cocaine or heroin, by sniffing
Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NO QUACKING PLEASE!!

oxycontin Is A Pain Killer Which Was Supposed To Be Used For Terminal Patients And Yes There Are Alot Of Websites With Info On Oxycontin Addiction. Type In Oxycontin Addiction And Choose.

WASN'T GIVING MEDICAL ADVICE...... JUST GIVING ADVICE AND MY OPINION.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by maricamp
sounds like a replay of what happened to my husband...hydro then oxy....
feeling stuck is right...get yourself to a detox....we did it the hard way even thought mh has insurance...he says if he had it to do over he would go to detox. withdrawal is not fun....but worth it. mari
Thank you ....I really needed your advice. Even though We don't know one anouther yet. I need someone like you. Your words brought tears to my eyes. I do see my problem!!! I want out, But I need in. Does that make sence to you....I'm so scared...I have three awsome children..They need me. I feel I'm not performing the way a mother should. Can I even be a good mom, And still be a addict? Yes i have a wonderful husband, he is my best friend ...so yes he knows everything, hes picked me up off the bathroom floor, So yes very much so ....He knows me well!!! But I feel I have let him down in so many ways ...he wants that help for me as well. But I get so agervated. That he does'nt get what being addicted feels like. He don't truely know how hard I fight with myself, And damn me!!!!!!!! Just how many times I've lost. Does that mean I'm not his best friend?? How can I be... I hurt him, I chose a pill over time with him, He is reading this. Can you answer something for him? He just asked me if I chose , Or would chose a pill over him?? Please help him see how detox is probley the only way to change that. I know your not a counceler.. But if you've been there in any way .then you know how great a fight i have on my hands
I am in love with my husband .he is truely the greatest man I ever new....But Im in love with oxys as well. And im at a point in my life where i know i can not have two loves in my life.. I have a medicale card? But am unsure that detox takes medicade. Do you know?
How old r you? Do you think men are stronger? do you thing I can do this?
I just upsetr him and dident mean to. I let everyone that cares about me down.....I dont diserve to live. Please wright me back I need a friend tonight... Do you really think I have a law suit???????????
Old 10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nicole...

many of us have been in the same horrible battle, feeling alone and scared.

When we found Narcotics Anonymous, we discovered with the support we got from others who had been through the same dilemma and were now living clean, as productive members of society, fathers, mothers, husbands and wives, employees. etc. we learned how to stay clean too.

Your not a bad person .. just an addict. You don't have to go through this alone.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Oh and if you do gave a law suit, it will wait until you get clean.

A medical detox may be a very good place to get your start.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NO QUACKING PLEASE!!

Nicole - You Can Do This. Did You Read Gooch's Reply? He Mentioned The Na Meetings. Have You Attended Any Or Thought About It?

You're Right I'm Not A Counselor And I'm Not The Addict But I Watched An Addict Go Through What You're Going Through And I'd Be Willing To Lend An Ear. Did Your Husband Go The The Naranon Forum? That May Help Him Understand What Your Going Through.

Remember You Made The First Step By Coming Here.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

nicole....I don't know what it's like...but I know what it's like to watch someone you love go through this...you have to believe that you are worth every effort to get well. I know you can do it...because I hear someone who wants a change but just doesn't know yet how to do it. I don't know about medical cards...have your husband check what you are covered for if you aren't up to it. If your husband wants to hear my take on this from someone who has watched someone go through this have him pm me...email me (maricamp33******.com) give me your phone # or something......I hear someone crying out for help...i'm not a dr. but I can certainly help you find a qualified person to help you and help your husband deal with this.....my heart goes out to you....I just really want you to know that there is help.

You have to know that there is help...I can't repeat that enough!

and that you and your family are worth every effort!

stay with us...there are a lot of people here that have been down the same road...and we all care...so much....mari