Notices

New plate - NA WAY

Old 10-21-2005, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Livin' the NA WAY

New plate - NA WAY

Well I am pretty excited. Today is my 11yr Wedding Anniversary and my new license plate came in which was kind of ironic since I have been trying for quite a while to get it after being denied 3 times.
My wife and I had a good evening together, and then I went to take care of our meeting. My sponsor called my wife wondering if she bothered if I went, since someone else can take care of it. She laughed, and said "He alive because of the program, and the only way I know he will be here for our 12th Anniversary is he sticks in the program and shares what he has gotten from it."
Of course he didn't have much to say to that. Needless to say, I went and had another great meeting. Especially since one of my sponsees finally "came around". He was wondering why he still wanted to use so much all the time, and couldn't get past the feeling of "will I ever be happy", and the obsession with using - even though he has a deferred charge against him. I asked him at the last meeting he was at "When is the last time you have been at a meeting, the last time you pulled out the Basic Text, finally, the last time he picked up the 5,000LB phone and called me...
Well he came back and is finally getting it, his 3rd time around. You can always hear it in someone's sharing when they are getting the program, reading the text, and understanding the steps and how they apply.
So that was a great feeling.
And this morning I got my license plate I have been trying to let the DMV give me for a long time. It finally passed through. This time I had to get creative and told them it is Canadian for "Noooo wayyyy" I bet the guys in the pen got a kick out of it. One of my buddies in the program is going to talk to one of his friends that is "working" their still to see if they saw it come through. He has been out for 5 months.
It is says " NA WAY ", and is the ND Lewis & Clark commerative plate. Which is really cool since the Area we formed is named "The Lewis & Clark ASC". So I am pretty excited about it. :hoo
My wife really likes it as well, which is surprising since she is an executive as well, and in the past, would rather me not being "out" about my disease. Not that I am not already out there, being the Area PI and H&I Chair. Although she understands. Not to mention those who are not in the program will just think it says "No way". And I am I who I am, and I am okay with that.
Coming on our Anniversary was pretty cool for both of us to share. It made from some great discussion over dinner about our love for each other and the things we have worked through over the years to get were we are.
Making amends everyday, just by staying clean another 24 hours,

Chad H.
Thanks for letting me share..
Old 10-21-2005, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theNAway
My sponsor called my wife wondering if she bothered if I went, since someone else can take care of it. She laughed, and said "He alive because of the program, and the only way I know he will be here for our 12th Anniversary is he sticks in the program and shares what he has gotten from it."
Happy Anniversary to you both. A beautiful marriage is one that can withstand the hell of addiction and come out the other side. So much to be grateful for today, huh? Thanks for sharing, Chad.

Hugs,

phinny
Old 10-21-2005, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Just had my anniversary as well. Thursday.

I had no problem getting my plate... SEEK. I am sure a day is coming that I would have troubles though.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Happy Anniversary BEST!!!!!!
I like your plate, it's really cool...

Love, Becky