Notices

Back to Square One

Old 10-17-2005, 11:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to Square One

I thought this was going to be easy, coming on here. I am just as nervious as being in a meeting. I just wrote a post and lost it. well I figure I cant lose for trying again. I have been in and out of the program for over a year and am really strugling right know. I have been using again and am really having a hard time convincing myself to get back in the rooms and get some support. I have not called anyone or been to a mtg in a couple of months. I guess Im tired of running from myself. I have to face the music on some past issues on the 24th and I, for the first time in a long time , dont want to be alone anymore. I sure could use some wisdom from you all. I am willing to try, I guess I feel safer doing it here. am open to any thoughts. thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Hi Cazman!

So glad you've reached out here. So many of us have been right where you are at this very moment. I'm sure other SR members will be along any time now to talk with you. But in the meantime, please know you're not alone, Friend. Glad to hear you're willing to give the program another chance. It works if you work it.

Keep posting. Great to meet you!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning To Let It Be

Hi and welcome! Your first lost post was not lost. It allowed you to work through some of the things going on with you. Keep posting here but please get to a meeting. Why not start today? Getting clean was a tough decision for me too. Now with a bit of time, I am so grateful I made the choice to not get high one day at a time. I still think about it and get the urge sometimes but not the desire. As we say around the rooms where I'm from, don't use one day at a time for 90 days and make a meeting a day for those 90 days. If at the end of the 90 days you don't want this, the pain is always refundable.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't convince yourself to do anything just go to a meeting today and surrender
Old 10-18-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your thoughts. I so needed to hear some positive words. I have been isolating alot so it feels good to listen and talk. I have been reading some of the posts and I moved by how many are here. Funny how far away things can feel even when there is help right around the corner. Nice to no I am not alone, again. signed- -a hopeful addict
Old 10-18-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
REZ

I second all that's been said. Posting on this board is a good 1st step to reaching out to others, hopefully in meetings--soon! Not having to use drugs everyday is a great blessing. I hope you can experience this.

Good luck!