Notices

Ex-husband and my kids.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex-husband and my kids.

I'm not sure where to post about this stuff anymore. This time I picked here.

My daughter went to a friends house last night to sleep over. The friend lives around the corner from her father so she decided to stop in and say hello.

She said the house is disgusting. He is disgusting. She said his hair was sticking up, he had only 1/2 of his face shaved. (?) He could barely walk and talk. There were crack pipes on the floor, with empty and 1/2 filled baggies, and she found syringes on and under the bed.

She said she picked up the syringes and said "OOPs dad, Say goodbye" and she broke them. then she flushed the rest of the coke that was in the bags down the toilet and she took the crack pipe and threw it away after she left his house.

She said his truck was parked side ways on the lawn, and the boat was parked half way out in the street.

She said this morning she had to walk by his house and he called her over. He said "Here, I bought you something" and handed her a bag of "Gummie Bears". She freaked out. "Frigging Gummie Bears, that's what he bought to try and make up, What does he think I'm 5 or something"

She is so pissed. She can't stop ranting and raving about it. I just keep letting her vent. My son, as usual, just said he doesn't even want to go there at all anymore, and is his usual quiet self.

His addiction is taking a toll on my kids and I'm not feeling too compassionate right now. I want to kick his sorry a$$.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

If kicking his sorry a$$ would do any good I would come help ya but, it would probably just give him another excuse to use. I am glad that your daughter and son have one sober parent aren't you?

I guess your daughter could bennifit from narateen....don't have a meeting in your area? well start one...
Old 10-16-2005, 09:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

His addiction is taking a toll on my kids and I'm not feeling too compassionate right now. I want to kick his sorry a$$.
Just remember we are never too far removed ourselves. Right now getting past the anger that the kids are involved in this mess. Remember how we got here? My life wasn't looking much better than what you explained. I really hope he gets help, maybe you or your daughter are his visions to a better way of life!! Maybe he's your vision to appreciate what you do have and where you are at this moment with your recovery - compassion and empathy!!

How many times do we invest time with newcomers to watch them come and go and love them until they can love themselves, only to watch someone close or has played a role in our lives and we condemn them for being human.

I have faith that the right thing will happen, watching our kids suffer over this disease sucks, we have to remember thier pain is thier pain just as ours is ours and God will help us, even when we can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Peace to you and your family,
Todd J.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Laurie)))
This does suck! And Todd is right....their pain is theirs. But, through alateen meetings and forums, they can find support. And hearing it from other kids often helps much more than hearing it from an adult.
In the meantime, though, I think it's great that you're letting her vent and get it out of her system. If she's anything like me, (and I don't know that she is), she needs to get it out, in order to get past it.
Finally, what are you doing for YOU??? Be good to yourself, there, too, Laurie. Cuz our kid's stress often becomes ours if we're not careful. It's the dang codie in us...
Shalom!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, my son absolutely loves going to the ala-teen meetings. Last week when he went, he won a book "The courage to be myself" he came out of the meeting, and it was raining and he stuck it under his shirt because he wanted to protect it. This is a kid that takes care of NOTHING. He's really into it. He also goes on Sober-teens and at least reads. I don't know how much more he's posted. (I decided to give him his own space). I'm surrendering that one. I'm sure teach and chy would let me know if he were about to harm himself.

My daughter. That's a tough one. Fortunately and Unfortunately she's alot like me. She very openly and loudly speaks her mind. But, she's also reckless and goes charging into situations that could be potentially dangerous. I've told her it's not a good idea to go messing with his drugs. She'll never be sure how high he is and he could be potentially capable of harming her. she won't listen. I've signed her up on sober-teens as well. I think she went on maybe once or twice. She is talking to her probation officer openly about it though. That's something.

Todd,
Thanks. Sometimes my defects just hate it when someone points out the truth. Ouch. But, needed. Thank you.

Thanks for all the replies.