Notices

A little help here please!

Old 10-06-2005, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little help here please!

Hi everyone...just found the SR site recently and have been spending lots of time on the naranon forum. I AM an addict, I am recently clean, BF is drinking (nightly) and using (periodically). I do attend NA meetings. I am craving right now. It was payday today and he is at work until 11:00 PM. It is 4:30 now. Trying to keep myself away from the dope man untill I can hit a meeting (7:30).
Needed to post and remind myself that I am staying clean for me. I really hate the dope and all its done to me, but with a little clean time and $$ in my pocket, here comes the craving. I know there is no such thing as just one. And I know I will be miserable as soon as it hits my system? God, this disease is insane!!!!
Thanks for listening, everyone
Old 10-06-2005, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just For Today

Hi tuffenuff. It sounds like you're on the right track there... going to NA meetings.

I think a real critical element that you need is a sponsor. Not only are you dealing w/ your disease of addiction, you're also a person that's in early recovery w/ a signifigant other that's still using.

Danger, danger!

Keep hitting up the meetings, stay away from the dope man, and start looking for someone at the meetings that has a recovery that you admire... ask them to sponsor you (you can always change).

Best wishes
Old 10-06-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks WNY....good advice. I know that my situation is rather precarious right now, but I just have to remember my first and foremost priority is maintaining my sobriety....no matter what .
A sponsor would be another way to keep myself accountable.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the suggestion of getting a sponsor.

Don't pick up, go to meetings, get a sponsor and use them, use the phone. all good suggestions that get emphasized for a reason. They work.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Meetings and sponsor sounds like a great way to keep up in your good recovery.
Keep going to the meetings. It works if you work it!