Notices

Ripley, WV

Old 10-04-2005, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ripley, WV

Nov. 4,5,& 6.

Is any body going?

I just got my confirmation for the dorms. It's the first time I am going to Ripley and I am so excited. Twice a year a couple of van loads of people from this area take the trip down. This year since it is the first weekend in Nov. instead of Halloween weekend, I am able to go.

We have 2 vans going. 1 smoking and 1 non-smoking. I am in the smoking van of course. along with my sponsor and 3 other people. The 5 women that are going are all sharing 1 dorm. This should be a blast. I even managed to take off from work on that friday and Monday so I don't have to feel rushed going or getting back.

I'm so excited!!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tue Colors is a rockin litle convention I went in 91' ( I think it was)

Wish I could hit ut this year but i'm cash shorter now than when I was out there.

I keep telling God I accept my financial situation can I please move on to the next lesson? lol
Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm financially strapped too. But, I am still going. I haven't been away anywhere myself for about 6 or 7 years. Hubby goes away every fall to go hunting and I never go anywhere. I need to get away and do something for me.

I've been saying the same thing to God for a while now. Nothing has gotten better.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Keep telling God your ok with things as they are... He may be saying...that was an easy pleasing of a few *LOL*

I took a bike trip to WV, two summers ago.
Beautiful country. Was about 30-40 minutes out of Ripley at a state camp ground.
Other then the rain and more rain and more rain as I passed by your area Laurie, it was a great trip. Then again, even the 5 hours of riding in the rain was it's own experience.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do you ever feel like this?

I hope to be going. It will be a last minute decision because of work. If I don't have to work that Saturday I will be there. I've been to two in the springtime and if I go to this one coming up it will be my first for falltime. People come from all over the east coast. (New York, New Jersey, and of course Ohio) Surprisingly, when they do the clean time count down on Saturday night they also do an out of town thing and people from each state that is called get up and go nuts, and there are always more people from other states than West Virginia itself.

Good food and fellowship!!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Just north of Ripley
Babcock State Park

Old 10-12-2005, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey freedomseeker,
Hopefully you will make it, and if you do, let me know. I love to meet people from SR. By the way, Welcome to SR. I am so excited. Alot of people from this area go every year. Bucks County, PA.

Best,
They are beautiful pics. Everyone keeps telling me how beautiful the location is. I can't wait! (but I have to).
Old 10-16-2005, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wish it was closer to me...that's still pretty far away from where I am...
Old 11-03-2005, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

NA Mommy,
I'm able to go, I got off work saturday and am heading out after work Friday at 3:30.
Won't make it there till maybe speaker meeting time hopefully! Put your "User ID" on your Name Tag along with your name and hug as many women as you can and I will too! and may be we will run into each other. If not we will at least meet alot of women
Old 11-04-2005, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I didn't get to go.

The doctor I work for gave me a prescription for anti-biotics and sent me home from work early yesterday because I am sick. Sinus infection, strep throat, flu symptoms, you name it. I am so disappointed. My sponsor is going to try to find someone who can use my package. Hopefully there will be a new comer there who needs it.

I will be in bed, on my couch, or on my puter this weekend. This sux!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Oh I am so sorry to hear that, that just sucks. You take care and get better. It is going around EVERYWHERE.

I came home sick from vacation on the 20th and I am still kinda sick, still on antibitotics.

GET BETTER!!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Next time then, k!
Hope you feel better soon, stay connected.