Notices

i smoked

Old 09-25-2005, 11:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i smoked

so this weekend after beeing sober and turning down pot for 4 days i smoked...i keep saying tommorow.....so today is monday im ******* quiting...i found out like some folks said in my last thread that you have to find new friends..oh how true that is..so anyway i hope this doesnt continue..the only person that can stop it is me...so would it be better to stop cold turkey or kinda back it off untill i dont need it anymore?..tell me what you think...well i hope you all had a good weekend i did lol...

p.s. no shalom **** thank you 14/88
Old 09-26-2005, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I finally quit smoking after over 16 years of 24/7 use. The only way that worked for me was to decide that I just couldn't smoke pot anymore. Other people can, but it just doesn't work for me. We can go round and round about the reasons for that but it really doesn't matter, experience has shown me that I personally can't do it, so I don't anymore. The taper thing is sometimes recommended with drugs that have dangerous withdrawls. While there are definately some WD's, especially if you were a heavy smoker, the are primarly psychological. I am not diminishing the WD's from pot as they can be very difficult, but they will not physically harm you. You may want to find some kind of support like a face to face NA meeting, or if that is not your cup of tea, look on line for some other alternatives. If you want some links, PM me, I'm not going to post them here out of respect to the NA forum . Best of luck to you. Take care.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Some1...

becoming undependant on a substance is taxing.. ;o)

one must be prepared to go to any lengths,... and yeah... sometimes that means changing friends... where we hang out...

sometimes it takes going to support meetings to get motivation from those fighting a like dependance...

we all get to pick our way through... ;o)

the thing is... we don't go anywhere fast if we don't have a clear... focused desire to stop using..

4 days is a good start Some...
its worth building on... ;o)
Old 09-26-2005, 07:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Today can be the day that you quit pot forever.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am with someone who helps me through the triggers of meeting people that that I think I want to get high with. Yesterday we went to Hurricane benefit and I ran into to an old smoker friend that I hadn't seen in 24 years. Great seeing him but the power of the weed is so strong with me that I would have asked him if he had any smoke with him if I wasn't with my partner. She hates the effect weed has had on loved ones and this helps. I am only a couple weeks into a potout and am grateful for her companionship. One day at a time. If it takes building a wall in between me and old friends I will do it. You know it ain't easy. Hang in there some1 we can do it cause it is the good thing to do.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Starting Over

Cold Turkey

I use to smoke pot everyday. Wake and bake and all that. Until I started seeing how much it was effecting my everyday life and I quit. Cold Turkey. What I found was that there were no nasty side effects when I quit. I'd still think about it though. YOu are absolutely right about finding new friends. Unless you have some friends like me who I could just explain that I didn't want to do it any more and they would not do it around me. Otherwise it is important to stay away from it all together. If for no other reason then it makes it harder to say no when it's right in your face. Find other things to do instead-- I've found that helps a lot. You can do it just hang in there--Running
Old 09-26-2005, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Some1
Today is a new day
please check out the quote below
Old 09-26-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
REZ

I also smoked pot every day. This was my drug of choice. I haven't smoked in almost 21 years. What worked for me was going to NA meetings, getting a sponsor and other friends in the NA program, working the steps, praying/meditating, and changing my old playmates and playgrounds. I really did not want to do the last one, but I found out that I could stay away from it if I was always around people doing it. If you hang around with snakes, you'll eventually get bit.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Some1 - Congrats on the four days. I too struggle with the urge to get high, especially in these fall months when harvest is abundant. Don't let your guard down, especially when you happen to be around others who are smoking.

I know I had difficulty with 'cutting back'. When I smoked after four days sobriety I wanted to get high 24/7 again. Quitting cold is probably the best thing, but don't beat yourself up if you slip. It isn't a sign of weakness, just evidence of your addiction.

Drop a line if you ever need to catch up for perspective.

Peace