Notices

ASC insanity.

Old 09-25-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ASC insanity.

I am about fed up with our ASC chairperson. Our area decided to get the process started to have a convention. From the very beginning, this person has tried to control and manipulate this process, and every time it doesn't go his way, he comes back the next month with a new motion to slow things down. Well, he sends his homegroup's GSR with a new motion (who also happens to be in the sponsorship chain.) I've been calling them "The Royal Family" (sarcastically).

First he wanted to make the convention committee an ad-hoc committee,so he could appoint all the chair person of the convention and the executive committee of the convention. That didn't go over well after I opened my mouth at the ASC and pointed out the page in our policy stating it is a sub-committee. That is when I nominated our last convention's co-chair to be chair of this convention.

So, he nominated 2 of his sponsees to run against her then they went from homegroup to homegroup that month trying to get as many votes taken away from her as possible. Well, at the following area, she won. So, he tried to say that the vote was invalid with some lame arguement, and once again it didn't work.

Well, now this month "The Royal Family" is bringing 2 more motions to area. 1- to try to have the chair removed from her position stating she violated policy and the traditions already (we've had one meeting to determine the committee chairs and decide where our 2nd meeting will be) and another if that doesn't work, to have the convention committee disolved and cancel the convention because we haven't elected a fund-raising chair.

I'm just getting sick of this. He has a personal issue with the woman who is now the convention chair. About 6 months ago she dropped his wife as her sponsor and it didn't go over too well. He needs to keep his personal sh*t off of the area floor and stop disrupting the integrity of the service structure.

I'm just really pissed and needed to vent.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

So you have self seving Celeberties down there too. It all comes back when self serving egos are involved, God is never late.

Peace,
Todd J.