Notices

I want out

Old 09-24-2005, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want out

I thought I could keep my cocaine use under control. I need to get a grip I'm losing everything and still manage to get the money for coke or any other drugs, pain killers, alcohol or anything to numb me I have been doing coke everyday for a while now about an ounce a week. I just need to talk to other addicts right now til I am ready or dead. Thanks for any replies I'm tired of being depressed.
losingmylife
Old 09-24-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Check out an NA meeting. Just go and listen and try to get a few phone numbers. You only have to stay clean one day at a time. Instead of thinking of giving it up forever, just focus on letting it go for today. You can do it.
Your life is going to get so much better without the drugs. It may take a while to feel normal again, but when you do, it is amazing.
Stick around SR! There are a lot of people who understand exactly what you are going through.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank-you,
I went to AA and was sober for a year but this is different I can't stop. It won't let me out. I do coke when I get up in the morning, all day working until I do other drugs to help me sleep late at night. I'm snorting at least an 8 ball a day and start drinking as soon as I can. I don't enjoy it anymore I'm paranoid,depressed,and very lost.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can break free but it will be a lot of hard work. I have been free of cocaine for 13 days now and even though I want to use it, I fight and do everything necessary to make sure that I don't. I take it one day at a time and then break it down into smaller bits if things get hard. I started using everyday too and I just felt dead inside with it and dead inside without it. I was killing myself so i just got up one day and was sick and tired of being sick and tired.....so i said that I was gonna choose life over using for that day. I have done the same thing for the last 13 days and I am finally starting to feel better.
You can escape the horrible grasp of this monster and the rewards are so worth it.