Notices

3 long-ass painfull days

Old 09-21-2005, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry 3 long-ass painfull days

I have been off of "ice" for 3 days,I am going thru painfull withdraws.My wife will not leave my side,for she fears If she does I will be out the door and on "that side of town"and ya know,I prolly would,just to stop the pain and the mind f*#^!.God I really want to quit,I really do,I have the best wife in the world and she deserves so much better from me.I have been to 3 meetings,It is sooo hard to sit there in this condition,but I think every-one in there has been in this condition and I told my wife "no excusess"I am going.My question is,should I be in some sort "detox"facillity while going thru this,or should I ride it out as to never forget this pain and anguish and muscle spazims and all the hellish things that go with the "withdraw"?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say but hang in there. I have been clean for 40 days now. I still have joint aches, insomnia & occassional diarheear sp??
I missed an entire week of work because I felt so bad. At times, I didn't want to be in my own skin.
I went cold turkey without consulting my doctor or telling anyone...not even my husband. I found drinking lots of water helped somewhat but to be honest....I just felt like HELL................thought I was going to die................now, I am on the upswing..............it is still tempting to go for the drugs cuz I would feel better but I have gone through so much to get clean that I don't want to blow it.

It helps to come here and read other's stories PLUS you get a lot of support.
I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.

LOVE, Irene
Old 09-21-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

if you are into day three, then i would say just stick with it. i know it seems almost impossible, but i promise it's not. the big part to come though after the physical part is the mind ---- and that is exactly what it is. you have some tough times ahead of you but it seems like you have some support. thats good, that can make all the difference in the world. keep your head up and try to keep body and mind busy. you can do this. pm me if you want to talk. smile.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Welcome to SR and what a miracle that you have been off for three days huh, but as far as wanting to get away from the mind fucck LOL, I still have that from time to time, it is not as bad as it was but it is still there sometimes. I don't know about the detox thing, I have no experience there, except I know that you can do this, or should I say that we can do this. I did not go to a detox thing, yet I don't even remember a week of being off this last time, they said that I was going to meetings hell I don't remember at all, I do have a scare from falling down the stairs from the meeting hall, they let me know that.

I guess that it is entirely up to what you think is best, I know that it can be done without it for that is my experience, I am not saying that my way is right either, I just know what worked for me and that is "You can't save your face and your ass at the same time." I hope you the best and I will keep you in my prayers.

Love Vic
Old 09-22-2005, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

i went through some horrible meth withdrawls in detox and i can only imagine going through them at home. first o f all i want to congratulate you on the strength you have to go through with this and also on the decision you made to do it in the first place. i cant tell you how amazed i am that you can think with the clarity of what your family deserves. unfortunately i diddnt have such luck. if you need anything or if youre going through some tough times remmember that you can always post here and people will always respond with a positive note. good luck.