Notices

i think i got a stalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2005, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Exclamation i think i got a stalker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is this new guy at work and the first day he was there i helped train him and he seemed cool at first, we had our lunch together and i showed him around, but after that hes been acting wierd and everyone sees it, ive been warned by people i havent even met yet at work that the kid is wierd and not to date him. the guys been asking me out and each time i always say no. ive have a slight fear of meeting friends and i turn down all offers to go out or hang out. then the days that hes not working but i am he shows up and looks for me and tries to convince me to let him take me home or to go with him to his dorm. last night i wrote a statement to human resources because the situation is getting out of hand. im afraaid to go to work somedays thinking he might be there, luckily the people i work with have been very supportive and encouraged me to write the statement and some have even written some themselves. apparently this kid has offended a number of people and hes crossed lines with others. he talks about me to other people telling them that im hot and that hes gunna "get laid" by me and im mad about it. one night when my mom picked me up he came up to meet her and told her he didnt drink and would like to take me out after i had already told him no. another night he waited outside in his car until i got off work and then followed my moms car halfway to my apartments, i was already starting to get over my fear and had began talking and making friends at work, i still dont go out but i figure baby steps, now im scared again!!! any advice?
Old 09-18-2005, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

make the report, and notify the police.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Absolutely, definitely notify the police. Go in person and fill out a report. You need to begin a paper trail. My daughter had a stalker a few years ago and that was the ONLY thing we were able to do. It may help a great deal if you keep at it. It may be hard to get the police interested, but don't give up.

Please look into the laws in your State, because what this man is doing is illegal. You need to document it and prove it. And, don't underestimate his intention because you don't know what is on his mind. I don't mean to scare you, but we went through an awful experience and it was very scary. Take care of yourself.

Love, Anna