Notices

I am craving soooooo bad, please help me!

Old 09-14-2005, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newbie!!!

I am craving soooooo bad, please help me!

It will mean my life if I go back to using. I am in poor health and have so much to live for. Yet I find myself sitting around all day just wondering what to do with myself!? The last time I smoked meth was July the 15th. I smashed my pipe, deleted my contacts phone #'s off mine, cut all ties with friends still using and most of all asked God to help me! Now I feel so lonely, depressed, FAT, hard cravings the last week or so and now I am reaching out. I have hid all this from my husband or my family. I hid my addiction and now I'm trying to hide my recovery.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do you ever feel like this?

I can relate to the depression and boredom, I mean using was my only source of happiness. Now without it I need to re-learn how to be happy or even just content. It does not happen over-nite. I don't know how long u used mind altering substances to cope with life, but I know for me it was a downhill process and it took many years to hit a bottom. Recovery is also a process more like a roller coaster. Learning how to find solutions to life with out the use of drugs.
The way that I delt with the depression and boredom was by making NA my life.
Go to meetings, get honest, take suggestions and fill that void with NA. In NA you are never alone never again! NA saved my life it can save yours!!

-Change nothing and nothing changes!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Congrats to you on making the decision to quit. That is the best gift you could ever give yourself.

I am sorry that you have to hide your recovery, that will make it very difficult. maybe you could try to talk to your family, get their support.

And meetings, I can only share what works for me and that is the 12 step program of NA. And what you already said you are doing....asking God for help.

There are ways to get past the cravings, do what you are doing coming here and talking aobut it, journal about why you want to use, call someone else in recovery.

Keep coming back.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"We have learned from our group experience that those who keep coming to our meetings regularly stay clean."

Narcotics Anonymous meeting schedule in your area

http://www.kansascityna.org/MeetbyDay.aspx

EarthGroup of Narcotics Anonymous Online Meetings

http://www.earthgroupna.org/chat/
Old 09-14-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel your pain. I hope you find some meetings in your area. It has meant all the difference in the world for me.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Granny..

Welcome to SR...

Yup.. it's gonna take a bit to start filling life in where the drugs were....

But.. when I start struggling with cravings... I know the first thing I have to do is get busy on something...
go for a walk even..

to much time to think makes it hard to not obsess...

gotta cut out the dead air time.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Hope this helps :)

WITHDRAWS LIST 1

WEEK 1: Depending on how much the person had been doing up until quitting time and how many nights they had been awake, if any, the first couple of days will be spent sleeping non-stop. After that, the person will still prefer sleep but will eat and go to the bathroom whereas before they probably didn't. They will be moody, cranky, lethargic and sometimes violent. After the fourth day, the meth will technically be out of their system. However, it's the damage that the meth has caused that is where the problem lies and the fact that your system is clean of it, does really mean a whole lot. Cravings will be setting in towards then end of the first week and will more than likely intensify. Anxiety will set in around the third day, which can be unbearable especially to a long time user who is trying to quit.

WEEK 2: The person will still be moody, cranky and sometimes violent. The cravings will be worse than week one and can become unbearable. They will have no energy to do anything, sleeping is still preferred unless they break down and get more dope. The second week is where a lot of people slip up.

NOTE: If the person was experiencing drug induced psychosis while doing meth, these episodes will start to subside during the second week, if not the first. If it doesn't and last any longer than four weeks, that could be a sign of a real mental disorder and the person should see a doctor as soon as possible.

WEEK 3: Sleeping a lot should start to diminish although the user will not have a lot of energy and probably will not feel like doing anything. Depression sets in for the majority of the people around the third week, if not sooner. Anti-depressants really help if this happens. Cravings should be leveling off around this time.

WEEK 4: Every thing aside from the depression and feeling lethargic should start to subside a little. As time goes on from here if the user stays clean, eventually, all these things will ultimately disappear.

It's important to note though, that different things can trigger cravings for years after the user has quit doing meth.

WITHDRAWS LIST 2:

W+1-7 Days HIBERNATION: (Fatigue and Hunger) as your body detoxifies and violently downshifts from 10th gear to 1st - acute fatigue sets in. Periods of sleep ranging from 12-24 hours are not uncommon with brief periods of wakefulness still accompanied by lethargy and inability to perform the simplest of tasks.

W+8-21 Days - DEPRESSION: (Low and Lethargic) you are indeed now much more awake, but you will find your current un-stimulated dopamine levels to be insufficient. Matter of fact, you could win the lottery tomorrow and still feel suicidal. Ride the storm out - this phase is short. Now might be a good time to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist. Don't be ashamed. No one need know but you. One session costs no more than your average eight ball. And a psyche is still the only therapist that can prescribe medication if it is needed. Buproprion, Citralopram and Bromocriptine have all had good results in dealing with depression brought about via drug withdrawal from cocaine and amphetamines.

W+22-60?? Days - FRUSTRATION: (Irritability & Anger) the length of this phase is somewhat proportional to how long and how much you've been using...But it is accompanied by irritability (at the slightest annoyances), "cravings", and absent-mindedness. This period will be harder on those around you-than you! Be sure to remove anything in the way of visual "triggers" that can facilitate relapse. If you find yourself tempted to use, go to NA meetings. Even if you just sit, listen, and don't ever participate, you'll be surprised at what "rubs off".

W+60-90?? Days - READJUSTMENT: (Transition & Happiness) every day the cravings, depression and irritability lessen. But you're not "cured" yet. The use of meth carries with it a myriad of activities both mental and otherwise that may be loads of fun while you were on the drug but will seem about as exciting as watching grass grow while straight. Unless you replace these activities with productive and meaningful tasks, you are setting yourself up for relapse. Try and reinvigorate "pre-drug" hobbies, habits and activities. Try some new things as well. You were enough of a pioneering spirit to get into hard drugs. Be adventuresome and try some things you have never done before.

A Great Meth Discussion Forum Link .... just double click on the link below

http://p073.ezboard.com/fmethampheta...ssionforumfrm2

The link above will take you to a meth discussion forum where their are addicts, recovering addicts as well as people who have addicted loved ones ... it is a wonderful site filled with lots of support ... If you would like, please take the time to check it out ... I'm sure you will find lots of support and encouragement and maybe even some advise on how to allievate your cravings ... I hope you will stop by

Passion AKA Nytepassion
Old 09-14-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No more hostages

Hey Rockin Grandma!

I too can relate to the cravings...
Today I have 9 days of sobriety after a year in rocovery because I gave in to the desire to use. I stopped doing things that had worked in the past because I felt there was no one like me and I really could use socially. I was wrong. And now I am here sitting without some very important people in my life that had finally begun to trust in me. Try to remember why you stopped using. I know it is hard right now to remember...I know all you want to do is think of the relief of pain...the feeling of euphoria...or whatever you get from your DOC, but I can tell you that the pain I felt before my relapse when i craved (for 2 months) was NOTHING like the pain I felt AFTER i relapsed. Please keep reading the posts...keep posting and keep busy.
love
amy
Old 09-14-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You were enough of a pioneering spirit to get into hard drugs. Be adventuresome and try some things you have never done before.

I've never thought of it like that.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by RockinGramma
It will mean my life if I go back to using. I am in poor health and have so much to live for. Yet I find myself sitting around all day just wondering what to do with myself!?.
Yes I can relate to that I have shot my health and almost all of my life and there for awhile I would sit all day wondering why my life is the way that it is. This week I have made myself get out and do things wether I wanted to or not even today with the news that I have had with Lucky, but if I don't focus I will be a mess. I have to be into action in my life and in my program or it will not work. It only works if we work it. I will be praying for you.

Love Vic
Old 09-14-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
son of a***** everythings real

hey

first off congrats on your way to recovery. I'm fairly new at this and I feel the first obstacles to overcome is admitting you are an addict.I had always known I had a problem,but it was always harder trying to hide my problem from everyone else. The only reason, I feel, I am in a program and going to meetings regularly is because I admitted to my employer I had a problem and I knew I could not do it on my own. I needed help!

Opening up to your loved ones will be hurtfull and painful,I'm sure, but it will possibly open new doors up for you and help set you free. They say isolation is not good. Get to an NA meeting and get support!

It was hard for me to get myself to one.But after that first time,it's become a daily thing and I wish I could get to more!

But i wish you the best and keep posting, tell us how your doing!
"Keep Coming Back"
Old 09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Free Rehab For Those Who Want It

Christian Mission Center is in Enterprise, Alabama..... It is a 4 month long program and it is free... They will send you a bus ticket to and from your home........ There is a waiting list ... 1-334-393-5641, and ask to speak to Gene Warren or John.......... They will give you all of the information that you need... People from all across the United States come here for this program and It is one of the best in the nation...

They focus on recovery and faith comes second... They have group meetings daily, they meet one on one with their counselor daily, they have workbooks and study guides dealing with addiction and recovery.... The faith part of it is only a small part....... They do want them to believe in a HP and see that side of recovery as well.. They are tested on personality disorders and they also test on other things as well... Family is welcome to participate in one on one counseling sessions and group sessions too.. This particular place has a very high success rate... They are located just miles from the meth capitol of the south... They also do UA's every monday and upon entering the program so you or your loved one must be clean in order to get in and must stay clean while there also... When they are not in meetings or counseling they must work at the mission store and they receive 5 dollars per week for that... This program is totally free, meals, room and board, counseling, group sessions, you name it....Sometimes there is a waiting list but get put on it because some people don't show up on their scheduled day and they lose out of their space.... It is given to the first person on the waiting list...

They will take any drug addict and there is no age limit!

<!--EZCODE CENTER START-->
Well, what are ya waitin' for? CALL ALREADY!! <!--EZCODE EMOTICON START :rollin --><!--EZCODE EMOTICON END-->
<!--EZCODE CENTER END-->
Passion
Old 09-21-2005, 01:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are not alone

I know exactly how you're feeling. I am also craving bad. I don't have connections anymore. They are all in prison or dead. That's why I'm here. I feel isolated, depressed, confused and fat...But I'm hangin in there. It really helps just knowing I'm not alone and others DO UNDERSTAND. If I give into my cravings I'll die. I've not used for 18 months, but I think about it every day. My best friend reminds me quite often "when you doubt where you are, look at where you've been" This helps me a lot. Cuz where I've been is not pretty and where I'm at is being alive. I don't know when the cravings will end
but I can't give in. You can do this! :hello2
Old 09-22-2005, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

when i saw your post it almost put me into tears. ive been going through the same exact feelings as you. i quit meth on easter sunday this year and ever since ive been going through the most intense ups and downs of my life. i used meth for 5 years and i feel you on the whole fat, deppressed, lonely and hard cravings thing. especially because i understand that in the life of meth all you have are the friends around you that use and your life is a whole new world unlike any other. the night sky becomes your best friend, as time flys at an unimaginable speed and the game is a lifestyle you never thought youd leave. now that you have you probably dont know where to start because the new real world is the complete opposite as to where you were before. i understand that feeling completley and im happy that your still holding on and staying strong. if you need anything email me and ill be more than happy to be your friend and help you through the times of lonliness. good luck and stay strong stay sober