Notices

Please Help

Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Please Help

I was just wondering if anyone could answer a question for me about my addication. I stopped smokeing pot on my own but now that it has been a little while since I have stopped but now the cravings are worse then what they were before. I also used to take pills now I am even scared to take a pill for a headache. Is this normal? I am on pills for anxiety when needed and I have a big fear that I am going to get addicited to them...I am not sure what to do. Now with everything going on in my life I just feel like I need to get high and I am at the point that I don't even care what it is. I have tried herion and I did not like it but I am even willing to do that. I am so scared that I am going to make the wrong choices and I don't know what to do. I almost feel like a bad person for quiting. Everyone that I know does drugs and I feel like I am turning my back on all them cause it is hard for me to talk to them anymore cause of all this. I am hopeing someone can give me some advise or even help

Hugs,
Katrina
Old 09-09-2005, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

hey katrina, what your feeling is completly normal. just dont give in to the feelings. i had the hardest time bieng the "sober" one and in the end i went back to it. now i finally can look back and see how selfish i was and manipulative to my own mind. tellling myself that i can be friends with the addict and not become one. the addict has an addictive mind. the feeling of wanting to get high no matter what it is is also normal. ive felt that way too tons of times. i still do sometimes. the first month of my sobriety i swore i wasnt going to make it. but i tried and tried each day to fight the urges to score. sometimes id wake up at the wee hours in the morning and wake up my roommates when i was in my halfway house crying and trembling because "i just knew i wasnt gunna make it" it took some time some patience some reading and some honesty with myself and my support system to get to where i am today. im only a few months sober. you should check out what i wrote about my story. its in the peoples storys link.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
son of a***** everythings real

Lightbulb hi

hello katrina,
Very glad to hear you stopped on your own. But you'll probably be hearing this more than once, i remember i did and i still hear it now. But you got to look into getting to meetings. Our minds our designed to do what we "normally" used to do. Like they say "one thing you gotta change is everything". And I truly believe that. We have to reprogram our minds and realize we cannot do it on our own. Remember as addicts we are powerless.
I hope this helps in anyway and good luck!

And keep posting here!

nat