Notices

fear of people

Old 09-06-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Unhappy fear of people

ive been doing fine lately, and i feel i cant complain. my relationship with my family is great and i love work and school. im getting A+ in math which is something tottally new!! and i do very well at work. i live without distractions because im constantly focused. i have a goal and i intend to keep it. i want to be sober and successful. i want to finish college and make my family proud. but its been brought to my attention by my family that the way ive been doing that is by staying away from people and they fear that my isolation may be a negative thing. i feel fine, i mean yea i get lonely sometimes but i just keep my head up and remind my self that i need to stay focused. i realized that i may have developed a fear of people. im afraid that because im 19 (sept. 7 is my b-day) the friends i meet my age have fun and at times it includes an occasional drink or smoking pot. im scared that if i were to find friends and they did that i wouldnt have the strength to say no. i dont feel strong enough or ready to handle relationships in the world yet for fear of my fall. is that normal? how should i go about handeling this situation? if i feel unprepared for friendships can i stay alone? or is that isolation also dangerous to my sobriety? im confused...but at least im sober, which i feel is because ive remained isolated....
Old 09-07-2005, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Corwinus Necandus Est

Happy Birthday..

..and your wish as you blow your candle is to find the strength to say no to others just like you are saying to yourself every time you want to get high.Keeping yourself occupied is very good,it was very helpful for me too,but you can't be alone for ever.I agree that people are dangerous because they can easily heart you or reject you and these are hard feelings to deal with,but are they harder than loneliness?Or less dangerous?I think you sould give yourself a chance to socialize and enjoy the company of another but without giving yourself completely.Soon success in your work or school will not be able to make you feel complete by itself,not if you don't have someone to share it with.Now if the problem is just that the people you will meet use a drug,I think that most times you can tell if someone does.But even if you are caught by surprise and you find yourself in such situation just say no,turn away and walk...It's easy,we just make it hard in our mind!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

You aer probably like me right where we need to be but sometimes if I isolate then I get into my head too much but I do still isolate a lot. Love You

Vic