Notices

Routine

Old 09-05-2005, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Routine

Good Morning SR and I just want to thank each and everyone of you who have been with me this past week when I was struggeling so so bad. I am very grateful for all of you and I have to let you know that because of all of your responses I have been doing a lot of reflecting here lately. One thing that I have came up with is that since I have moved and even before that I have gotten out of my sobriety routine (A certain disipline that I have had) since I have been in the program. Now I don't know if this is going to make any since but I have to get all of this down and that is what I use SR for *(Well I use it for more than that) as you all know.

Since I have gotten sober I have tried to do certain things in a certain order Kinda like this. I always wake up and do my morning readings which is quite a few anymore, pray, coffee LOL(cant forget that), POST HERE AT SR, write out a list of things I want to do that day, brush teeth, shave, MORE COFFEE, then I try to MEDITATE. Now on this meditation I have not been doing that very well at all neither have I been doing my prayers or all of my reading. I used to email certain people every morning and I have gotten out of that. Then I do my meeting at noon which I have kept that going (which is a good thing) and my other meetings during the day and at night.

Ok Maybe this is not making any sense to anyone here but I feel that this might be a lot of what is going on with some other things also. I have reached out and I have made a few close acquantences sp and that is a great thing also and I have been opening myself up here to the people also. I am just really doing very well here today and I have been doing a lot of whinning here lately that I think I have not been focusing on what all the good has happened to me since I have been here. Also I wanted to share with you all that I was able to visit LUCKY yesterday and that made me very happy and I am dealing with that today not crying that I don't have him with me anymore but happy that I am still able to see him when I want. Is this a new pair of glasses that I have on that I am looking out? I don't know but I like it and I couldn't have done this without my Higher Power and my SR family. Thank you all for allowing me to be a small part of this great whole

Love Vic
Old 09-05-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Vic, We can all use a new pair of glasses now and then!

I'm really glad you're feeling better. It's great that you got to see Lucky and that he's doing fine. It's funny how much difference a shift in perspective can make in a person's outlook.

And, I understand the routine thing. I find that, if I'm away from home, my routine falls apart and my anxiety level rises because I'm not doing the things I normally do that help me get through the day. You've gone through a lot and you need to pat yourself on the back for how well you've done!!

Love, Anna
Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OK I quit I can not do this anymore