Notices

There is hope.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There is hope.

I've been clean for 7 days, haven't smoked any pot for 2.5 months.

I've begun taking steps to change my life, and although I've not been to an NA meeting yet I have been reading these forums (not just this one), the lit/materials on the official NA site, as well as some other inspiring webstuffs (namely Blake's junkylife.com page).

I've admitted I'm powerless over my addiction and without the help of my higher power, God (as I see him), I am going to die.

I start a new job tonight, midnight shift, and I seriously haven't felt this good spiritually in... ohhh about 4 years.

Thank you, to everyone who visits here, posters and non-posters alike. This forum has been a great stepping stone for me.

I wanted to contact NA about how to start up a meeting in my area, but in my relative infancy of sobriety I'm not sure it's a task I'm ready to tackle solo. It's still something I want to consider, and I'm on good terms with some folks locally who I think might be able to help me get the ball rolling if/when the time comes.

Take care everyone.

One day at a time!

Chance.

Last edited by Chance_IN; 08-26-2005 at 12:22 PM. Reason: damn typo's...
Old 08-28-2005, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

CONGRATULATIONS on 9 days, Chance!! And thanks so much for sharing, too!!
Indiana NA—I really suggest you find an established NA meeting and check it out. Try your local phone book for a helpline listing. Best wishes to you!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 04-08-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get Abook And Call Me.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Welcome Chance IN,

Congrats on your time clean. Going to NA meetings is a great idea! As a matter of fact, it would be a good idea to attend some NA meetings in order to see how they go - before starting a meeting. Its also a suggestion to get an NA Basic Text and a sponsor to guide you through the 12 steps.

Keep coming back.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
REZ

I agree with the other posts. Congrats on what you've done so far, but online recovery is no replacement for face-to-face recovery. You'll find much more experience, strength, hope and understanding in NA meetings.