Notices

Eclipsa63

Old 08-22-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Eclipsa63

Red face Eclipsa63

I have been clean now for 19 months and I haven't been wanting to go to meetings anymore .When I do all I hear is blah, blah, blah ! But I like to go to the celeabrations and stay in contact with people from the rooms by phone,computer. I like to read alot of stuff on recovery but just really haven't wanted to go to meetings anymore . Lately it's been only 2 or 3 times a week! I don't want to use cuz it hasn't been on my mind ! Can I get . Any input would be better than None at this point!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !
Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi, I think just about all of us go through the same thing I know i did and i started to get more involed like chairing a meeting going on commitments and speaking. That kept me more connected and it sure helped me stay clean.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dave_B.

They say we only keep what we have by giving it away. For me that means face to face contact, dealing one on one with the newcomers in meetings, having a sponsor and sponsoring people, having a committment in my homegroup, carrying the message into the insitutions, etc. Just like it says in "What is the NA Program" we have learned from our group experience that those who keep coming to our meetings regularlly stay clean.People always ask me what it takes to stay clean. I always say changing through the steps and getting involved. So many hang on the fringes of recovery until eventually they fall off the edge and go back out. It's hard to fall off the edge if you get involved are in the middle of this thing we call recovery.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I have gone through that way more than once since I have been blessed to be clean. Keep talking when your head is in the space just like you are now. It will pass, just dont' let it take over. Talk about it at meetings, you will be amazed how many heads shake up and down when you say it.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Sounds like its time to work the Program at a New level. Meetings over the years really don't change much. Sometimes we attend Problems Anonymous instead of Narcotics Anonymous. I keep doing what works for me, I've got a sponsor and the Blood Line runs deep as far as knowing alot of the men, I sponsor some men and we do step work, I have a beautiful network and I stay conected. The meetings are only a source of energy that feeds my recovery, it is not the ONLY source. H&I(Hospitals & Institutions) and PI(Public Information) are the Grass Roots of Service work for me. Going in every other week to bring patients a meeting is an awesome experience, and with PI reaching out to help the Addicts yet to come. I also answer the Phone calls coming in, and guide addicts to meetings.
Also, with 3 other men we do a step study and it has gotten me to know these men and we see each others growth, so much out there and alls I have to do is show up. God is driving my bus today and these things keep popping up in my life.
Today a Sponsee from 9 months ago called me to let me know he is out of jail, we will get together and start working some steps now. They say don't leave before the Miracle happens. Usually when I am frustrated with what goes on around me, I need to examine myself, I usually shut the door, the door isn't shut on me.

Peace,
Todd J.