Notices

Who Has Impacted Your Life?

Old 08-16-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Who Has Impacted Your Life?

Good morning SR and I was thinking about what Laurie said who has impacted your life, and OMG I could not even begin to put it all down in paper let a lone in cyber but I know of afew here at SR that has helped me but there is one that reached out for me when I first got here and that was Heidi (HPierce). I will never forget that first time that I got a reply in my email from her and how the tears just flowed from my eyes. Since that day a lot of tears has flown from my face both sad and tears of joy. I am going to make a little list here of people that have impacted my life but if you are not mentioned don't take it personal cause I don't have all day to be here LMAO.

1. Gooch= definetly has something that I want (lady on a bike LMAO) free spirit
2. Godsonmyside= For telling me the truth even if it hurts
3. KelKel= wish that I could be like that very fast in chat too LOL
4. NAmommy= The honest, openmindness, and willingness, and LOL(Balls)
5. Blue2085= I love you and Bob you are the best.
6. Time4Change= For not given in to this fuccken disease and leading by example
7. Lulu70= For being open-minded and willing to go to any lengths to stay sober.
8. Anna51= Your are so special, caring, compassionant, and I like you LOL.
9. Lucky= Cause he gave me strength when I didn't have any to live.
10.Historyteacher= For always being there when I needed to talk and for your wisdom.

Ok I said that I would only list 10 and I lied cause I already mentioned Heidi oh well. Who is important in your lives here? Do they really know how much they have helped you and do you let them know that you care?

Love Vic
Old 08-16-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

What a nice post to read this morning, Vic! Thanks so much for taking the time to do that. I know what you mean about being overwhelmed with gratitude and thanks for all the suffering addicts and those in recovery here at SR who have impacted our lives. I'm learning so much from reading here everyday and I'm very, very grateful to all who participate and share or offer advice or just a simple hello. You all are a very important part of my recovery. And I thank you very much for being here for me. God bless!

~T4C~
Old 08-16-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

People that have had a postive effect on my recovery:

gooch, mackat, namommy, paulie, time2surrender, godonmyside, phinneas, lbdecker, eddie z, BRUCE, and everyone else here at SR...

Thanks yall
Old 08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Its one thing to be here, but its a blessing to be here with all of you. We met under these conditions and that it a blessing its self.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hmm Colby, Captainzing, CarChick, Teach, BigE, Chy, QueenShenique, BikerBill, pearl, bikewench, and the 2 coolest friends ever I have made on here Noah and FaeryQueen (I Love you Girl !!) I love all you guys on here !!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

the 2 coolest friends ever I have made on here Noah and FaeryQueen (I Love you Girl !!)

AAAAAAAWWWWWE!!!!! I love you too Babee!
Old 08-16-2005, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your welcome Now why haven't you been answerin your dang phone today ????
Old 08-16-2005, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great thread.There is way more than 10
  • Dangerousdan (always been there for me)
  • Captainzing (a true friend)
  • Miraclen2003 (a good friend)
  • NAmommy (came all the way from Philly to take me to a meeting)
  • Ann (just for being Ann)
  • Brookie (has helped me a lot)
  • BikerBill (took over my daily meditations and helped for me to get to meetings in Jersey)
  • Best (gives great advice)
  • Doug (just a cool dude)
  • Godsonmyside (who helped convinced me to change my user name)
  • Blake (for sharing his experience,strength,and hope)
Chy,Gooch,Historyteach,Kelkel,Eddie,Luckyv2,****,T ime4change,Shearbear5104,Bitchonamission,DonW.and many more.I love you guys.And also Jon who made all this possible.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sorry like to forgot Ped, Ann,Calvin, CarrieG AND OF COURSE ****
Old 08-16-2005, 02:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Your welcome Now why haven't you been answerin your dang phone today ????
Sorry Babee!
I have been busy. Now it is time to blow this joint..pun intended!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OK I was trying to get people to list 10 but it does not seem that is good enough for most of us here LMAO here are 10 more if you are not listed here don't take it personal I love and respect all of you.

1. Babeekj= You have helped me a lot and I miss your phone calls
2. Time2Surrender= I always like what you have to say
3. Tyler= I sure miss seeing you here we must be missing each other LOL
4. HPierce= When I think of you Heidi it brings tears still to this day that you reached out for me.
5. Chy= I will never forget the warning you gave me LMAO
6. Magda= Your are one of us and I love you a lot
7. Maria83= I miss you and I am worried about you, you reached out when I really needed a friend
8. BikerBill= I love what you have to say and I miss you being at the on-line meetings
9. Doug= I love your reading everyday and it makes me really work on me
10. My HIGHER POWER= You have given me life

If I missed anyone do not take it personal

Love Vic

Last edited by Luckyv2; 08-16-2005 at 03:01 PM. Reason: forgot to say love Vic
Old 08-16-2005, 03:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OMG!! How do you list the people who have impacted your life here at SR!!

I'll list a few now, and come back again like Lucky did. I don't want to leave anyone out, you all mean so much to me.

In no particular order.

1-Lucky (for starting this thread), for letting me know that no matter how we are feeling, it is OK to post it all here and we will get through it.
2-Gooch-calls me on my sh*t and sets me on square every time.
3-Paulie-I wish she was NA and lived on the east coast. we have so much in common and I have alot of respect for her.
4-Historyteach-We met in the old 'argueholism' forum, started off arguing and disagreeing, and have become friends here. You always manage to help me see things from the other side.
5-Godsonmyside-for helping me put service in the right perspective every time, and for all the really cool e-mails.
6-Time2surrender-One of the few people who have ever talked to me on the phone when I was crying, and the first person from SR that I got to meet f2f.
7-Best- The second person I got to meet f2f, and helped me to stop posting (not thinking) that I am fat. (I love you and your bike)lol
8-Imagine-I love your energy, and your posts seem to put me at ease.
9-Eddie Z.-You are so much fun.
10-**** Oreily-You make me laugh. thanks.

I will come up with more later. 10 at a time.

If you are not here, please don't take it personal. There are thousands of us on SR.

OH wait, I can't forget Abtchonamission, I love having a friend that I can call btch and it's OK. You also help me so much with the 'man' in my life.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

So SO SO SO many amazing, caring, giving, and UNSELFISH folks on here! This is harder than SOBRIETY (lol) to answer ....... because I want to list them all and don't want ANYONE to think that I am not appreciative for their help!

I too have too many to name; but, having said that, there's a SPECIAL someone who was there to lend a hand, when I truly needed it ...... and continues to do so ..... to a perfect stranger (me!) ..... he rekindled and regained my faith in HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!

His kind heart and willingness to share his experiences and offer help to me (and many many others) have been so valuable to me.

This sweet and truly genuine, terrific soul is *TONY* .... aka ...... findingout .... One Love, One Heart!

When I thank him, he so humbly replies with "I'm giving back what someone gave me!"

Tony, you've been an incredible source of inspiration and STRENGTH!

I don't have the words to appropriately THANK YOU for what you've given me ..... and basically, that boils down to one word ...... HOPE!

You're in my thoughts so often for the WISDOM and you've shared ...... the heart you have opened up to me and the confidence you have given me to shed my awful addictions that could have so easily ENDED MY LIFE!

What he's taught me through his altuistic personality is the incredible feeling of giving without expecting ANYTHING in return!

SO, help me out folks ..... how does one thank someone like that!

TONY ..... you are my HERO!

All my love,
Maria
Old 08-16-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
blessed

a lot of people has been a major factor in my recovery.

1. GOD,HP
2. my sister
3. my children
4. my man
5. drug court system
6. counselers
7. my family
8. at last but not least this wonderful site SR. and for letting me meet a special friend psyco mess.
thanks for everyone involved for not giving up on me!!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 05:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
blessed

thank you for making me realize i didn't do it alone!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by luckyv2
Good morning SR and I was thinking about what Laurie said who has impacted your life, and OMG I could not even begin to put it all down in paper let a lone in cyber but I know of afew here at SR that has helped me but there is one that reached out for me when I first got here and that was Heidi (HPierce). I will never forget that first time that I got a reply in my email from her and how the tears just flowed from my eyes. Since that day a lot of tears has flown from my face both sad and tears of joy. I am going to make a little list here of people that have impacted my life but if you are not mentioned don't take it personal cause I don't have all day to be here LMAO.

1. Gooch= definetly has something that I want (lady on a bike LMAO) free spirit
2. Godsonmyside= For telling me the truth even if it hurts
3. KelKel= wish that I could be like that very fast in chat too LOL
4. NAmommy= The honest, openmindness, and willingness, and LOL(Balls)
5. Blue2085= I love you and Bob you are the best.
6. Time4Change= For not given in to this fuccken disease and leading by example
7. Lulu70= For being open-minded and willing to go to any lengths to stay sober.
8. Anna51= Your are so special, caring, compassionant, and I like you LOL.
9. Lucky= Cause he gave me strength when I didn't have any to live.
10.Historyteacher= For always being there when I needed to talk and for your wisdom.

Ok I said that I would only list 10 and I lied cause I already mentioned Heidi oh well. Who is important in your lives here? Do they really know how much they have helped you and do you let them know that you care?

Love Vic
Old 08-16-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have to also say a special shout out to all the women here......I love you ladies and the times when you all come through on things only a women could understand !!!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
An Addict name Jerome.......

Great Thread; Godsonmyside, NAmommy, seeing how willing you two are to do your 12 step work has gave me hope and lifted me up on those bad days I was having when I was on that treatment. Broken Spirit, she just keeps tring, I pray that one day she gives herself a break. TheFrostedOne, for no matter what life throws at us, RECOVERY FIRST.. Everyone on SR has help me get thru a ruff pass 2 years. Thanks all.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You know, it's hard to make a list.
There are so many people here who have made a difference in my life.
If I start naming people, I'll forget someone.
It's a great house that Jon built.
I'm glad we've all found people here who have made a positive difference in our lives.
That's what it's all about.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This may sound strange, coming from a codie, but all of you up here on the NA and AA boards have had a tremendous impact in my life.

You have helped me understand my son's addiction, and you have given me hope because I see miracles happening up here every day. Some special people here have shared with me about their own experience and knowing what they have been through and seeing them for who they are today, inspires me and gives me faith that addiction can be beaten, life can be worth living again for even those who had given up all hope for themselves.

This addict's mom is grateful. I love you all.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-16-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Like I said everyone here is Specil to me, but I can make some lists

Imagine - You shows persiverance through the meds you had to endure for a year and stuck with it and didn't use
NAMommy - On days you don't feel so wonderful and you get through the struggle NO MATTER WHAT
Lucky - you are just awesome and you are growing even when you don't see it somedays
Gooch - Gooch and I go way back, A true friend and I know is human
Shakur - Some may not know Shakur he hasn't posted here in a little while, but Shakur came up to a Public Information Event the July to speak and introduced me to a great bunch of guys and gals from NYC and Trenton NJ
Time2Surrender - I love watching you grow through this process
Time4Change - It gets better and better
AndyAddict - Even though you only post every now and again you bring a new light to situations that have been misinformed or otherwise
Recoveree - You say what you mean
Eddie Z - Many nights we stayed up and got the last word
Splendra - You too WORD

I am grateful that I have others who have SR as part of there process, and we grow and enlighten each other.

Peace,
Todd J.