Notices

How can there be any hope of salvaging it?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy How can there be any hope of salvaging it?

It will be a year soon with my bf who is working so diligently with his marijuana addiction-I only came to understand that he even had an addiction 4 or 5 months ago. I will be attending my first alanon meeting next week-with a friend just to get comfortable and accquainted with these things-then I might attend an nar-anon if I can find it. However, the things that I hear and read here at times scare, confuse and frustrate me. It is all about changing myself-not working with each other to strengthen together. Am I really supposed to just leave him alone like that? It gives me a very bitter picture of the future at times.... letting him deal with his addiction while I better myself?? There is no real advice (at least that I have found yet, please show me if I'm wrong) on how to deal with the bitterness-the want to know and control everything-and the crippling pain from having to rebuild trust time and time again-and never knowing if I will actually truthfully be able to trust him ever again. I read the post "what addicts do"-and all that ran through my head was is this how EVERY addict is? If this is so then the person I love must truly be lying all the time about his feelings for me-I don't want to give up on this relationship, but all I feel and forsee is pain and hardship...have people had healthy and happy relationships in these situations? This is too damn confusing. Help please
Old 08-11-2005, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Glad you're here, Godhelpusboth! It sounds like you're really going through a confusing, painful time. I wish you the best. And I'm sure you'll find a lot of help and support here at Sober Recovery. Try the NARANON section. There are MANY people going through the same thing.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...splay.php?f=23

Good luck!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You will find alot of love and support here.