Notices

2006 SR Retreat Planning

Old 08-07-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lightbulb 2006 SR Retreat Planning

2006 Sober Recovery Retreat
Palm Springs, CA

On behalf of Jon, I’m asking for assistance in planning the agenda for the Sober Recovery Retreat. This retreat is tentatively schedule for October of 2006.

The SR Retreat is planned for a Thursday through Sunday. Specific dates will be forthcoming. It will focus on learning, relaxation and fun! There will be speakers, workshops, opportunities for exploring the beautiful area of Palm Springs and much more.

We need to set up committees. I’m asking for people to volunteer to be chairs of each committee and others to serve on each committee formed. When the work is shared, it’s easy. And you’ll have the feeling of satisfaction.

Here is a partial list of committees needed.

• Entertainment
• Work Shops
• Decorating/Incidentals
• Hospitality/Refreshments
• Banquet
• Hotel Accommodations
• Assistance to members for planning/budgeting...
• Sign On (keeping track of whose coming)
• Other???

Members are encouraged to submit ideas. Chairs are asked to collect ideas and submit them with preferences noted. All ideas are worthy of consideration – don’t be shy. Add anything you’d like. This is a brainstorming session right now. We are looking for your input. This is the Sober Recovery Retreat and you all make up the SR family. Your ideas matter!

Heading or serving on a committee is easy and fun. It creates a special bond with those working together and makes the task at hand more pleasurable. Finally, your contribution to the whole will give you a personal sense of accomplishment and pride. So, even if you’ve never done it before, please join us in planning this very special event.

Together, we can make our Sober Recovery Retreat a wonderful time to share and to remember in years to come. It will be a time when our SR “family” grows together in fun, relaxation, learning and recovery. .

Please PM me if you are interested in helping plan this special event. I’ll send you my email and we can get to work planning.

Shalom!
Old 08-07-2005, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

For questions or comments, please respond here.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=66747