Notices

Defective girly

Old 07-13-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
God's girl

Defective girly

That's me. I realized last night in my meeting how messed up I really am. I guess I had really been blaming my using for the things I had done in the past, but since I've been clean and especially since I've been working the 5th step I have realized that it wasn't just the drugs. The drugs were a convenient thing for me to blame, but like the BT says the drug usage was a symptom, the real problem lies with me. All my character defects have come racing to the forefront. I'm guessing it's probably because I asked God to help me and lo and behold he has, by making sure that I don't miss any of my defects. Anyway I am relieved to have figured out the reason for all my crazy thoughts lately and simultaneously disappointed to have figured out how flawed I really am. Oh well, life goes on right? Anyway just thought I'd share what was going on with me lately.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizzerz79
That's me. I realized last night in my meeting how messed up I really am. I guess I had really been blaming my using for the things I had done in the past, but since I've been clean and especially since I've been working the 5th step I have realized that it wasn't just the drugs. The drugs were a convenient thing for me to blame, but like the BT says the drug usage was a symptom, the real problem lies with me. All my character defects have come racing to the forefront. I'm guessing it's probably because I asked God to help me and lo and behold he has, by making sure that I don't miss any of my defects. Anyway I am relieved to have figured out the reason for all my crazy thoughts lately and simultaneously disappointed to have figured out how flawed I really am. Oh well, life goes on right? Anyway just thought I'd share what was going on with me lately.

Yup,,the first step to fixing what s broke is to analyze the problem
Old 07-13-2005, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

I am pretty much at where you are right now. Someone told me my defects brought into balance would become assests. I am getting ready to make a list and go over it with my sponser. I know exactly what you mean. Defect party ! Keep the faith. We are sick getting better not bad gettin good. I am sure you are a very good person, otherwise you would not feel so bad.Don't be so hard on yourself.