Notices

Burned out

Old 06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
God's girl

Burned out

I'm tired. I'm tired of it all. I've been going so strong but damn, now I'm tired. I've been clean for almost 90 days. The 29th will be exactly 90 days. I've been working full time, going to school (although I'm on a break till next semester now), dealing with my Addict husband (who is not clean), taking care of my kids, going to meetings every night, and working on my steps as well as reading. I have no time for myself to just relax. I can't relax even when I make time cause there is so much that I could be/need to be doing that I feel guilty. But I feel like I'm burning out now. I need to recharge somehow. I don't know I just wanted to get these feelings out. I'm at work right now so I can't talk to anyone. I'll call my sponsor later. I was thinking about skipping my meeting tonight and just letting myself relax tonight on the couch but I don't know, maybe I need a meeting.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Linzy,
I would go ahead and go to the meeting. I know that might not be what you want to hear, but your sobriety is number one right now. If you lose your sobriety....you lose everything. When I really got into "the middle of the boat" in my program I felt alot of anxiety and guilty feelings ease up tremendously. I am a single Mom and small business owner in sobriety and these days my anxiety level is very low....Don't quit five minutes before the miracle....the steps do work!!!!
Keep on Steppin Girlfriend
Tanya
Old 06-24-2005, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
God's girl

I'm not going. I talked to my sponsor about it. I told her how tired I've been feeling and like I'm burned out. She said well then rest. It sounded so easy. I explained how I can't rest because I have all this stuff I need to be doing & meetings to go to and she said that stuff will always be there, I need to make time for me. So I'm staying home tonight. I'm going to sit on the couch and watch tv/movies and eat junk food. I remember when I was using I always had me time. Hell every spare minute was me time. Since I've been clean I've felt too guilty to have any me time. Anyway here's to rest and relaxation. We all gotta have it some time.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

It sounds like you have a good sponsor who understands you. RELAX!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
God's girl

Just checking in to let y'all know that I did rest up Friday night and slept way in Saturday morning. I felt and still feel 100% better. I'm going to start doing this more often. It's amazing what I little R&R can do for you.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We've all been there at some point in our recovery. Learning how to give yourself 'me' time is tough. But, it is needed. If you burn yourself out, you won't have anything to offer to anyone, except stress.

I'm glad you found a way to relax and just 'do nothing'. I love when I allow myself to do that (although it's not very often).