Notices

sharing

Old 06-20-2005, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile sharing

After going to a NA meeting, the troubles i was feeling seem now so much simple and easy to deal with. It was hard, i´ve been away from NA for almost 5 years and the come back was even more wierd than the first meeting of all. But it was good and very positive, it was everything i was looking for. I found that peace full place inside me again. And i realised that beeing clean is not the same as beeing in recovery. I´m clean for 5 years but i don´t feel strong and that´s because i´m not going to meetings and asking for help. Well, now i did it, i went to 2 meetings this weekend and i will go to much more from now on.

I wanted to share this, because i´m very gratefull for having NA in my life and people like those i find in the meetings who really take time and invest love and support in those who need. And that´s how, together, we find our way out - in life and out of drugs.
God bless you all!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post Kristna.Im glad your back in your meetings.I know I would be lost without NA and the people there.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Krishna thank you for sharing this.

I can only add that going to my first meeting was hard but to go to a meeting after I had stormed out of nA and gone back to using was even harder. There weer times when I would drive to the parking lot and sit across the street from a meeting trying to talk myself into getting out of the car and going in.

While I was in jail, I reestablished some of my contacts with people from teh rooms and committed myself to going to an NA meetng the very first thing after I got out.

I hope anyone who is struggling that reads this will find teh courage they need to come back through reading that you and I survived our own fears and qualms.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

krishna,,,,every thing in our life today and yesterday is recovery,,did you not learn from the experiance you spoke on,,?even our useing days are part of our recovery,,did we not learn something there as well?dont be so hard on yourself kid,,we learn from everything,,

huggs bruce