Notices

Using Is Not A Option

Old 06-18-2005, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Using Is Not A Option

Hey SR how the heck are ya, well I have had a trying week but this too will pass, and it did. I am grateful for each time that I can go through these trials, and come out clean. I have been really putting my nose into recovery in all aspects and it seems to be really working this time. I don't want to get a head of myself but this is the longest that I have had clean since a year ago now. But something is really differant today, I do not have that desire to use, it has been lifted. I know that sometimes I might think about it, but when that happens I change my thought pattern. I heard at a meeting that you can only think of one thing at a time. So if this is true, which I beleive that it is, if I continue to focus on the program and my Higher Power things will be great. I am in recovery and I am doing the deal, this is great. I just want everyone to know that not only do the steps work but they do change our way to thinking and our way of reacting. I just talked to my on-line sponsor and it was great, I am so blessed to be a part of this, and I do have a lot of gratitude for each and everone here. Thank you for all of your support I could not have done it with out you.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

...yes it works when we work it. Thank you for sharing that.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lucky,

I'm am glad things are going well for you my friend.

I do have to disagree with your title though. For me, using is ALWAYS and option. I am free to make a bad decision anytime I want. Like I told my husband years ago. Just because you chose chocolate ice cream over vanilla, doesn't mean vanilla wasn't offered as an option.

I choose to not use today. But, I can if I so desire. For me, I need to remember that it is always an option. Otherwise, I can get cocky and start think I am cured. That's when I'm in deep sh*t trouble.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Marty E's sponsor used to tell him you can't serve 2 higher powers at the same time.

If your thihnkin about the program you can't get high.

seems to work for me.

Using is not anywhere near the top of the list of smart, healthy, viable options for me.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Using is always an option, I am an addict so it will always be there, I just choose to PRACTICE a New Way of Life Today.
Peace,
Todd J.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with NAMOMMY. Using is always an 'option'. It's just weither or not you chose to act on that option, that's important. Today makes 72 days that I have awaken every morning thinking, "God, please help this addict named James, make it through the day clean and sober". And everyday he has helped me without reservation. which is more than I can say about my old "friends", (if you want to call them that).
Old 06-19-2005, 04:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

If we are truly addicts and have takin step one it is like I heard here one time not using is the only thing that we can do 100%.so if that is the case, it is not an option in my book today. and as I was saying sorry I just had a trojan horse trying to get into my computer here in SR wow they are everywhere have to go for now.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

that was scary I didn't know what to do with that trojan horse I guess my computer does it for me so that makes me feel good anyway I know that we have a choice to use or not, but I have no choice if I use I die. I don't want to die, I do want to live and try to do things completely different from before. I do understand though what you are saying and yes we do have a choice, but my choice is not to have that choice. Ok I probably don't make any sence but that is ok also. I am really greatful that this computer thing is finally fixed, it is just over two months old have had problems since I have gotten it but it was not my computer after all it was my internet provider. I changed about 4 days ago and I have not had an error 20 497 500 and anything like that. Now I think that I can start doing some constuctive stuff on it. I do write my thoughts down and they come out in poetry does anyone have an Ideal what I could do with them they could help someone relate? Just thought I would ask have to go see what else is going on. Thanks everyone, I choose no!!!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Today,I choose not to use.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

Vic;
I am so happy that those thoughts are gone, or that you can change them when they occure. Yes, it does work, when you work it...
As far as what to do with your thoughts that you've written down, why don't you post them? There's an inspiration forum; a spirituality forum and of course the forum you normally attend. If someone can relate to your thoughts, it might just make the difference....
Shalom!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yeah I know this guy wants me to publish them but I am not too sure about all of that stuff. I know that they publish alot of them in our newsletter from my home group Were Dreams Come True but as far as that I have them in my computer but don't know how to transfer them and some of them are really long. Oh well nothing to worrie about today, Again Happy Fathers Day everyone!!!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face To Use Or Not To Use?????

Lucky-To use is NOT an option for me either......I have to agree that it can be, if you let it. I am also glad to see that you are not having the desires anymore....I know that feeling. I have NO desire to use, not even when something bad happens and that is usuallly a lot. I KNOW that some people might NOT belive that BUT it is really 100% true. I am glad that you are not using and that you have come so far, my friend........Kahlia
Old 06-20-2005, 06:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Again today I have woke up and there was no thought of using, drinking, etc. My thoughts are changed and that is definetly an improvement. I did what someone suggested and posted one of the thoughts that I write and it has helped people in order to relate, so that is a good thing and a blessing in itself. I am just getting ready for the day and am very grateful that God has given me yet one more day, isn't that absolutely wonderful. What more could we possible want except on day to try and do what is righ.