Notices

1 day at the time!

Old 06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 day at the time!

getting started...again!
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> After sharing some feelings here, i´m felling much more positive and strong. I looked up for meetings here in the area i live and tomorrow i´ll go to a NA meeting. I´m looking foward to go, it´s necessary! I´m also a bit nervous, because i don´t go to a meeting for so long, but i´m sure it´s gonna be very good for me to make contact with people of NA here in Amsterdam. I used to follow the meetings in my home country before i moved to Holland 4 years ago. So for 4 years i´ve been away from NA... now it´s time to go back, before i let myself fall into the tricks of my addiction.
I think i´ve been arrogant for thinking that i didn´t need meetings anymore. I guess i believed that after 5 years clean i was ok and nothing could change... the truth is that for the last times i get too nervous too fast, and for no reason, i think about drugs and about my past... i don´t want to forget my past, i allways want to remember where i´ve been and what i´ve seen and been trough, but latelly that´s affecting my life and it´s time to put some action on my recovery, so i can still feel proud of myself and all the things i´ve acomplished in the last 5 years.
Today i feel better than yesterday, because i shared my feelings. I don´t know how i´m gonna feel tomorrow, but i know i´m not alone and that´s the good thing for today.
... One day at the time!
Love,
Krishna
<!-- / message -->
Old 06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Krishna.

It's great that you are going to re-commit to your recovery, I wish you lots of luck.

Keep us informed.