Notices

Should I just stay away?

Old 06-01-2005, 12:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
..as the smoke clears...

Should I just stay away?

Hi Everyone!!
I ahve totally missed you guys, my computer was broken for like ever!!
Anyway, I am still clean (will be 11 months on the 16th!!), but that is not my problem.
I go to my meth doctor once a month, and today, (I know this sounds kindda bad), I absolutley fell in love with this guy i had met there!! Which is totally weird cause i always make a point of not talking to ppl when i am there, and just hide under a hat and sunglasses. But we talked for a bit and ended up exchanging numbers, hye said he has been clean for a while.
When i got home and started thinking, I thought it might be good to have someone around that understands what I'm goin through, but then again, the danger is always there of relapsing or just witnessing him do it. I haven't kept in contact with ANYONE I used to use with, so i am really scared of that.
Do you think i should just walk away from this and not call him, or am i making a huge deal out of nothing? Does it all depend on how strong i am? I just don't want to have to challenge my strength by putting drugs near me again, I have worked so hard to rid them in my life, and everything that gies along with them. I kindda like this guy though, and we're suppose to go out for coffee on Friday, what do you guys think I should do?
Any suggestions wouold be greatly appreciated.
Thank You So Much, I am so glad my computer is working, I totally missed you guys!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

how long is a while? he needs to be specific, and remeber us addicts can lie to get wot we want, its up to u! it worked for me, i met my husband in the accident & emergency, i had made a dession to stop usin class a( like whist in the hospitial ambulance) his chat up line was av u got a spare fag. and we r still 2gether. amen , its up to you if u want your recovery u will get it . but it wil b hard cos no 2 people r the same, u may go 2 met him and feel like throwin up, or who knows, both me & my husband r in recovery, and we still love each other, its the person not the drug we look at, GOD BLESS XXXX