Notices

shot for no reason while on vacation

Old 05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy shot for no reason while on vacation

Hello everyone. Let me start out by saying I suffer from post trumatic stress disorder and nerve damage to both of my hands. On June 13, 2003 I was visiting my wife family, in St. Louis Mo, and I got shot in my neck. My life has been hell every since. I can't even go to my sons games because I fear that someone is going to shot me again. You see we live in Mississippi a different state from where I was shot so why do I feel this way. My wife work so hard now since I can't work but I know one day she going to leave me because I can't do for her like I use to. She tells me all the time that she is my back-bone and she not going anywhere. For better or for worse is what she always tell me. I keep her up at night because I always have the same damn dream that those boys is going to find me and finish the job. HELP ME PLEASE! I know these boys don't know me but still
Old 05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Been shot at but never hit so I can't relate other then to repeat what you already know... they don't know you and are not looking to finish anything.

As far as your wife leaving... That won't happen because of you getting shot and her having to do a little extra here or there.
Women don't think like guys in many areas. You have a wonderful wife and she will stay by your side.
Just be sure you tell her you know how blessed you are to have such a wife.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.

Have you ever sought counseling? You experienced a trauma and you need to work through it.

Please take some time to poke around this forum (and others!). There are some great threads about PTSD (which it sounds like you have), and some good stories from members who have taken back their lives.

-pedagogue
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi mr.gunshot,

The fear of being shot again and worry that you are not safe anywhere is all a part of PTSD symptoms.

I worry about being shot too when I'm sitting in a public place and I've never been shot at before, lol. I have to sit in the back row of movie theaters because I'm afraid of a stranger sitting behind me. These are all a part of PTSD fears. I was watching the nanny trials years ago and the mother of the child who died said "If this can happen then anything can happen" This is the beginning of our fear. Our reality of safety was pulled out from under us because we experienced a tragic event. Now we feel that safety was just an illusion.

We tend to isolate at home because we feel the safest there. We feel like we have some control. I can even ruin that with my thoughts. I will start thinking of meteors falling on my house or sink holes. No place feels safe.

All these thoughts are just a symptom of anxiety. I'll see if I can find something to post on this subject.

Please know that you're not crazy and you're not losing your mind. This is all part of it.

Hugs,
MG

Old 05-10-2005, 02:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I have been shot too for no reason except I was where I was when it happened. It worried me for a bit. Your injury sounds much more serious than mine and I am sure that adds to the complications of getting to a better place in your mind.

I know I went thru many things in getting over the shock. It just seems like I should have sensed something but, I just walked right into it. I started looking at what I was doing to myself over this and realized it could have been much worse. The main thing is that I lived and to me that means that I have living to do and I can either go along with it or be dragged....