Notices

My girlfriend, my addiction...

Old 04-28-2005, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My girlfriend, my addiction...

Tommorrow I start getting fixed(going to NA).
I wish it was tonight because I'm starting to physically come down from the crystal. (Day 3)
Can't stop moving, biting my jaw and thinking about my breathing.
I don't know what's going to happen.
Your posts have helped me out more than you know.
What has put me over the top is how sweet my girlfriend is...listen to this.

You know how much I've been on this forum lately and I've shared some pretty personal stuff. No one I know had no idea what I was going threw. I felt so alone that's why I was on so much.
What I didn't know is that my girlfriend had caught a glimpse of the site that I was on, she new I was on a lot so she caught my nickname too.
She went home and signed in...

She read everything I had posted and I had even talked about her on here. I actually had sent her a message when she was anonymous.
Two days ago she stopped by my work for lunch, I'd planned on telling her that night...I said I had something important to tell her.
But I couldn't just not tell her, I knew I'd probably lose her when I told her but it had to be done.
I said to her"I've been doing crystal everyday for quite a while, I don't remember when.."
She was silent, then she put the car in drive and started driving.
I apologized for lieing to her but she was still silent.
We got back to my work and she parked.
She asked me if I'd done it at the club Saturday while I was with her...I said yes.
She asked me if I done it at my friends place a Sunday. Four of us sitting around, 2 doing crystal and me and her playing crib while watching tv. She thought I was not using and was proud of me...
What she didn't know is that I had went into the washroom and did it like usual.
I told her.
I told her when I hit what I hope was rock bottom. I was spending the night with her when one of my "friends" messaged me. Next thing I know I'm lying so I can drop her off and go do crystal.

I spent the entire night online and my "friend" just sat there. I was sketchy as hell that morning...then I freaked out and told him I was an addict and he was the enemy. He looked at me like I was on another planet. No understanding at all.
After I told her I'd dropped her off to do crystal I started sobing. I don't do that...ever.
She asked me what I was thinking about when I was doing crystal all the time so I said "Go on soberrecovery.com, go to forums and read everything by wonderboy.

She said
"I already have...
I'm "Sweetness"
I was hoping you'd open up to me...
She apologized for what she had done but she couldn't think of anything else to do...
She knew I was doing crystal but not how much...
I apologized again.
She actually thought I was going to be mad at her?!!
I wasn't alone when I thought that I was stuck in a black hole...

"we'll go through this together."
We both cried.

:nose :nose

That's the sweetest, most intense, emotional and undescribable thing anyone's ever done for me...
She's amazing.

I just had to share this with everyone.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, she sure soundless true sweetness to me.
You'll get through this. Take action now. You've got too much to lose.
Wishing you all the best in your recovery.
Keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Get to that meeting tonite. Do what you know you need to do. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and sweetness.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yep

get to that meeting

god works in my life - i just found it hard to see
Old 04-29-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wonderboy....

Sounds like you've got a keeper....

I am praying for clarity of purpose for you... and that you never underestimate the insidious life stealing power of crystal ever again .
Old 04-30-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face

Originally Posted by wonderboy75
Tommorrow I start getting fixed(going to NA).
I wish it was tonight because I'm starting to physically come down from the crystal. (Day 3)
Can't stop moving, biting my jaw and thinking about my breathing.
I don't know what's going to happen.
Your posts have helped me out more than you know.
What has put me over the top is how sweet my girlfriend is...listen to this.

You know how much I've been on this forum lately and I've shared some pretty personal stuff. No one I know had no idea what I was going threw. I felt so alone that's why I was on so much.
What I didn't know is that my girlfriend had caught a glimpse of the site that I was on, she new I was on a lot so she caught my nickname too.
She went home and signed in...

She read everything I had posted and I had even talked about her on here. I actually had sent her a message when she was anonymous.
Two days ago she stopped by my work for lunch, I'd planned on telling her that night...I said I had something important to tell her.
But I couldn't just not tell her, I knew I'd probably lose her when I told her but it had to be done.
I said to her"I've been doing crystal everyday for quite a while, I don't remember when.."
She was silent, then she put the car in drive and started driving.
I apologized for lieing to her but she was still silent.
We got back to my work and she parked.
She asked me if I'd done it at the club Saturday while I was with her...I said yes.
She asked me if I done it at my friends place a Sunday. Four of us sitting around, 2 doing crystal and me and her playing crib while watching tv. She thought I was not using and was proud of me...
What she didn't know is that I had went into the washroom and did it like usual.
I told her.
I told her when I hit what I hope was rock bottom. I was spending the night with her when one of my "friends" messaged me. Next thing I know I'm lying so I can drop her off and go do crystal.

I spent the entire night online and my "friend" just sat there. I was sketchy as hell that morning...then I freaked out and told him I was an addict and he was the enemy. He looked at me like I was on another planet. No understanding at all.
After I told her I'd dropped her off to do crystal I started sobing. I don't do that...ever.
She asked me what I was thinking about when I was doing crystal all the time so I said "Go on soberrecovery.com, go to forums and read everything by wonderboy.

She said
"I already have...
I'm "Sweetness"
I was hoping you'd open up to me...
She apologized for what she had done but she couldn't think of anything else to do...
She knew I was doing crystal but not how much...
I apologized again.
She actually thought I was going to be mad at her?!!
I wasn't alone when I thought that I was stuck in a black hole...

"we'll go through this together."
We both cried.

:nose :nose

That's the sweetest, most intense, emotional and undescribable thing anyone's ever done for me...
She's amazing.

I just had to share this with everyone.
When we go through recovery, some people have No-one...you have someone very SPECIAL....I am so glad that she is there for you and willing to help....you need to get down on your knees and than GOD for that girl.....Sweetness...I like that....I have a friend who did that...said "NO matter what you do, I am HERE" She was...she even made me dinner, while I was detoxing off Dilaudid and morphine, even though I was too sick to eat it. She would say "Kahlia, you will never get well, you HAVE to eat.....I did and then I got sicker....it is a constant reminder when she is at my house and asks me if I am hungry!!!! I am now clean 5 years and you can do this....I am soooo happy for you......kahlia