Notices

Apology to the board

Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Apology to the board

To make a long story short, I made a post in which I sarcastically suggested someone use cocaine. I was not serious in my suggestion, but after reading all the comments following I have become aware that most everyone did not understand my point, especially the person I was responding to.

In hindsight, I can see that my suggestion was inappropriate. In addition, my tone, sarcastic in nature, was not cool. If you have been around here, you know that a post like that is not my usual style, although I am pretty blunt sometimes.

I apologize to EVERYONE who read my post and especially to the addict it was directed to.

Thank god for the tenth step.

Richie
Old 04-26-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Richie...

Blessings on you buddie.. ;o)

I never read the thread... but I can understand your angst. Could have been me making your amends post.

And yeah... thank GOD for the tenth step.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

Originally Posted by Recoveree

Thank god for the tenth step.

Richie
I'm unfamiliar with the 12 steps ... since this is very new to me. But, I'm assuming it has something to do with humility.

In our pursuit to help others, with good intentions, sometimes we say things that can be taken the wrong way.

I'm sure you're forgiven!

As an addict, I have learned to forgive those that have tried to help me ... although I didn't see it that way. My hardest thing is to learn to forgive MYSELF!

It takes a lot of courage to apologize .... give yourself credit!

SMILE!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The tenth step...

Continued to take personal inventory.. and when we were wrong... promptly admitted it.

Cleanup in aisle 10... ;o)
Old 04-26-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bikewench
The tenth step...

Continued to take personal inventory.. and when we were wrong... promptly admitted it.

Cleanup in aisle 10... ;o)
Thank YOU!

I have many aisles to clean up!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

[ QUOTE=bikewench]The tenth step...

Cleanup in aisle 10... ;o)[/QUOTE]

for some reason another quote that comes to mind right now ......

Adversity introduces a man to himself.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yeah.. if he/she is willing to stand still and attend the introduction.. ;o)
Old 04-26-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 04-26-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Recoveree

I too started a thread that was upsetting to many people here. As soon as it posted I knew it needed to come off. I tried to erase it myself and could not. I spent so much time trying to erase it that I was running late for work.....then later I got a message from one of the Modarators that they were going to erase it. I wanted to appolige but, was advised not to. But, I still am struggling with the fact that I may have hurt another individual and I am hurting over it too.
It does seem a little colder here to me and I can't help but think that it is because of what I wrote....
Old 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It does seem a little colder here to me and I can't help but think that it is because of what I wrote....
Splendra... You won't feel anything chilly coming from me... ;o)
I think you rock and that your heart is in a Godly place.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((BW)))))

Thank you for your reply it feels a little warmer for me because of what you wrote to me. But it also goes to show that many of our wounds are self-inflicted
Old 04-26-2005, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hi Splendra
I didn't see your post...but I am sure that you didn't hurt anyone... your posts have never come across hurtful, so whoever was on the receiving end I am sure would have known what you are really like - very very nice! And helpful and kind and wise. Try not to worry about it - but if you know who read it (??) maybe pm them? I bet they don't hold it against you at all. I have found that us addicts are VERRRRRY sensitive...not to mention paranoid! HAving said that....just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not all out to get me!!!! LOL!
Have a nice rest of day.
Cathy31
x
Old 04-26-2005, 10:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Richie)))
I have a sarcastic nature, which when combined with my facial expression's and tone of my voice, comes across in person just fine... if you appreciate a little sarcasm that is... :amsmiling

But I have found that here on SR I can come across rather crass....
Try not to worry about it... we think and worry too much about such incidences, probably more than the people we feel we have offended.

And YES!!!
This recovering alcoholic is grateful for step 10... I try to practice it daily.

(((Splendra)))
Feel the warmth
Old 04-26-2005, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Richie .. I never freaked on your initial post. I was just hoping that we could all remember to treat each other like we would like to be treated without singling anybody out to roast on a spit.

I do my best to say what I mean ,, but sometimes I use sarcasm or allusion to try and make a point that misses the mark. I think we are all guilty of sticking our foot in our keyboard at some point or another, we're human and bound to inadvertantly screw up here and there. Then there are times no matter how hard we work at it, we;re not the person to deliver a message to a particular individual.

A question I ask myself frequently is, Am I holding back what I might have to offer trying to fine tune or express myself so poignantly?

Yep Thank God for the 10th step.. and the others as well.

I love this board ... I really do.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

heh richie

it is pretty hard to convey everything i want to say without any of the nuances of expression, tone, volume-even posture .

what is VERY COOL is that anyone visiting us here in NA land can see the program working today in your life. I need it all- the newcomers shakiness the old timers calm and in between all the day to day challenges in life and how we use this program to face them and then do action about them.

thanks for doing NA right in front of me!

mackat
Old 04-26-2005, 04:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Richie,

I didn't read the thread, but what you posted reminds me of something my husband did face to face one time.

We have a friend who kept going on and on and on about how she wanted to use, and she kept whining, finally my husband told her to get in the f*****g car NOW. He drove her to the local bar and kicked her out in the parking lot. Yelled, Here, GO USE!!!
With that, she broke down in the parking lot and begged to get back in the car instead.

It's tough to be sarcastic like this when we are typing. Maybe some day technology will be able to mimic our emotion, but not yet.

Don't be too stressed out dude, it says alot about your recovery that you posted this apology.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

I did read your post and I am sure all is cool.....I am guilty of being VERY honest in my opinions....I hope if I ever offend anyone, they call me on it right away. I am sarcastic...comes with the territory, I think.......Kahlia...I also love this place and the great people that come here and share with everyone. I have learned from everybody here.....thank you all......PEACE OUT
Old 04-26-2005, 09:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Just For Today

On that note...

I'm also sorry that we got into a few posts of back and forth point bickering regarding the cocaine comment, Richie. It was never my intent to judge your recovery or your sincerity... and I do know where you're coming from.

We all carry different views of the program, different histories, and different ways of carrying the message. That's the beauty of Narcotics Anonymous.

Peace
Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Visions of Hope!!!!!!!! Thank God we bet our life on the Program of Narcotics Anonymous Today.
Richie, Thank you for showing us the principle of Caring and Sharing!!
What I can not do alone we can do together. This is truely a we thing, and it gets done Gods way.
Peace!
Todd J.