You did

Old 04-02-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

You did

There have been situations in your life that you thought you would never get through. And yet, you did.

There have been challenges you faced that you thought you would never overcome. And yet, you did.

There have been losses you've suffered that you thought you would never be able to get beyond. And yet, you did.

For you are here today, stronger, wiser, more experienced and more knowledgeable as a result of it all. Though the road has had its rough spots, you've successfully made your way along it.

There will certainly be more rough spots ahead, and there may even be some particularly difficult ones right now. So it pays, every now and then, to look back and remember that even though you thought you wouldn't get through, you did.

And perhaps, if you think about it, you'll see that there's really never any reason to doubt yourself. For when life challenged you to make your way through, you did.

And now, even more importantly, you will.

Old 04-02-2005, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I've always been grateful that we cannot see the road ahead. The good things will be wonderful surprises and the bad things will come as they may, and I know today that I too will get past them.

I began my recovery about two years before the really really hard and rough times came, and I don't think that was an accident. I have always needed every recovery tool I have to make it over the rough spots, but I am grateful to have the tools and the love and support that recovery has given me. I could never ever have survived this alone. It's nice I never had to.

Thanks Doug, for reminding me to be grateful.

Hugs
Ann
Old 04-02-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

WOW!
That is so inspiring!!!
I'm very grateful for your sharing this tonight. It was exactly what I needed right now.
I will get through this...too...
Shalom!
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Awesome Doug.. as usual!
Old 04-03-2005, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Doug that really means alot to me right now Love Lulu xx
Old 04-03-2005, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

right now I am feeling a little sorry for myself and alone right now and I decided to come to this forum and look around. I AM SO GLAD I DID!!!!!!! I will now return to being greatful, and realize that I HAVE made it through it ALL, and am still hear to talk about it.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

yep! I made it out of h#ll never thought I would...I am so grateful and looking forward to my new challenges....