Notices

Pissed Off!!!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Angry Pissed Off!!!!!

Good morning people,

My name is Blake and I'm an addict. I have 40 days clean today and I have a big problem. I was living in a house (that I own) with 2 other addicts 41 days ago. Well when I decided I was tired of living the way I was and sought treatment, I told them they had to move. I gave them 2 weeks to be out and at the end of that time period, Buddha (my male roommate) had moved out, but Megan (my other roommate) was still there and told me she was waiting on her new appartment to go through but she'd be out in a week. I'm trying to be nice so I give her another week (I'm staying with my parrents right now). After the week is up, I go back over to my house after a meeting and I brought another addict from the meeting with me b/c he wanted to see the house. Well we walk in and megan is still there and it looks like someone emptied the garbage can out in the middle of the floor. I got really angry b/c it was intentionally messed up. I left Megan a note saying "I tried to be nice, but now I have to do what I have to do." I was planning on calling the police to have her evicted on Monday (it was sunday night when I left the note). Well monday I'm at work and I have a call into the justice of the peace when I get called into my dad's office. Megan had called her dad and told her that I was "threatening" her. This is ********. I'm a docile person. I'm not violent and I don't need to fight b/c I don't have to prove anything, Megan knows this. Well her dad and my dad made a deal. megan would be out by 3/19 and the house would be clean, and she'd pay me the rent she owed me. I was satisfied with this since I didn't want to clean the mess they made and I could really use the money. So i even called megan to APOLLOGIZE for "threatening" her. I told her that I'd never hit a female and rarely would I hit a dude. She said she didn't think that I was gonna come beat her up or anything and she thanked me for letting her stay another 2 weeks. I thought I was done with this whole thing and in 2 weeks I could put my house up for sale and get the **** out of that place. The 19th was saturday and guess what, Megan was still there. I sent her a text message telling her that I've done all I can and now I had to call the police. She called her dad AGAIN and told him I was threatening her and he called my dad and told him that HE WAS GONNA CALL THE COPS ON ME!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?! I've decided that since Megan wanted to get our parrents involved I was going to let mine handle the situation. My mom, who was in the dark about most of what had happend, found out from my dad what was going on last night while I was in my IOP group and she went to the house and Megan and her boyfriend were still there and the **** hit the fan. They got in a screaming match and my mom is a scary person when she gets that mad. When my dad pulled up Megan and her boyfriend suddenly got a whole lot more respectful and quite. I came home from my NA meeting and my parrents are yelling at me b/c my room was dirty at the house and "why would i live with people like that?" and "I thought we raised you better" etc... Also I start to get text messages from Buddha and Megan's boyfriend telling me how I'm a ***** and a momma's boy and I better watch my back and they better not find out where I'm at etc... I don't give a **** what Buddha and Chad think about me b/c I'm in recovery for me and only me. Ireally don't want to have to worry what these 2 dipshits are gonna do, but it's whats been on my mind since last night. I'm 6'7" and 275lbs. so I'm not worried about these dudes head up but if I get jumpped somewhere it could be bad. I called my sposor and he told me that I have to turn it over to my higher power, but that is hard for me to do since I really want Blake's will to be done instead of my HP's. All I really want is for this situation to be over and never have to talk to or see Buddha, Megan or Chad. But what ever happens is gonna happen and I'm really trying to let go of the anger and resentment and turn it over. Sorry for rambling on so long, I really needed to get this off my chest and hopefully out of my head. I really like this site and I think I'll prolly stick around.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Blake -

Welcome to SR and congrats on your decision to get clean.

Wow, sounds like a bummer of a situation. I think you are doing all the right things. Take legal action, get them out of your house and do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

Keep up with your meetings, and never go to the house alone, always take a recoverying addict with you. Not just because of the drug use, but because when dealing with using addicts in this situation it sounds like it will be a good idea to always have a witness with you.

Stick around here, SR is a great place for friendship and support and again, congrats on getting clean.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Blake,welcome to SoberRecovery.I hope you stick around.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blake,
Stick to you guns, (figuritivily) and and let go of the anger. Don't let their weakness work on you. And btw you have that text message about them threatening you? Save it!
Good luck and keep on keepin on
Puppy
Old 03-22-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Thanks for the advice and support.
I have done my part to try to make this thing as amicable as possible and all the conflict that is going on now is b/c of thier not doing thier part. I have made an honest effort to fix the situation, but I'm dealing with people in active addiction and should have realized that we never make anything simple and easy. I decided that I am going to let my parrents do what is necessary to get things back into control and I'm grateful that they are willing to help. They wanted to get involved a month ago and I probably should have let them. I think that the threats have no substance and I would probably have done the same thing if the situation was reversed, we are sick people. If it was me in there shoes I would be pissed of till my stash ran out then I'd have more pressing matters to deal with. I'm hoping this is the case and everything blows over, but it's in my HP's hands now and I feel a lot of relief saying that. I am having the locks changed and switching my cell phone #, I do have control over that at least.

Thanks again,
Blake

P.S. - It's funny how every addict in recovery I've talked to today has told me about the same thing and most of the "normal" people have told me that I should retaliate. Kinda makes me glad I'm not normal
Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

If it was me in there shoes I would be pissed of till my stash ran out then I'd have more pressing matters to deal with.
Yep.

Heck, when I was using I didnt' pay my rent for 3 months, got evicted and went to court to fight the eviction.
They are not thinking clearly.
yep...change the locks and stick close to your recovery.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Blake not much i can add.

Sounds like you are doing all you can to follow suggestions. Thats what works for us.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Originally Posted by Blake
P.S. - It's funny how every addict in recovery I've talked to today has told me about the same thing and most of the "normal" people have told me that I should retaliate. Kinda makes me glad I'm not normal