A little improvement

Old 03-20-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

A little improvement

Achievement comes when you improve on a situation. Greatness comes when you improve on the improvements.
What a shame it would be to achieve something truly valuable and then stop there. One of the best things about achievement is that it serves as the starting point for even more achievement.

When you invest your money it earns interest, and then the interest earns interest, and then that interest earns interest, and so on. When you invest your time and effort in achievement, it can undergo compound growth in the same way.

Just a slight improvement each day, repeated day after day, can lead to spectacular results. While everyone else is competing with each other to hit it big, put your focus on hitting it small, day after day after day.

Is there something you can do today just a little bit better than yesterday? Of course there is.

Challenge yourself to make a little improvement, and then improve on that a little bit more, and more, and more. Keep on going, and you will surely go far.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Absolutely.
Little by little.
My first sponsor once told me that it was my job to improve my circumstances, and that bitching and moaning about them was just a waste of time.
That was pretty big news to me at the time.
I like the money and interest analogy in your post, because it reminds me of two things.
Firstly, I need to accept that I can't affect the changes I might want all at once, or right away for that matter. Things take time, like interest in an investment.

Secondly, the level of satisfaction I will draw from seeing things change and improve over time is directly proportional to the amount of mind sweat and determination to pursue said accomplishment I will have invested in the pursuit.

Plainly stated...
Find a goal, identify something you want made right.
And don't quit working at it even if your ass falls off.