Conflict

Old 03-18-2005, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Conflict

Tyger, Tyger, burning bright, In the forests of the night; What immortal hand or eye, Could frame thy fearful symmetry? Did He who made the Lamb make thee?
--William Blake

Is there a lamb and a tiger inside us? Is there any commandment, written on the sky or a stone tablet, denying us our perfect right to be both tiger and lamb? The tiger, beast made of fire and night, shows its teeth when it blazes with love; the lamb, orphan wrapped in soft blanket of cloud, weeps to receive that same love. So we give and take, are strong and weak, guilty and innocent, wrong and right. So we are balanced, even when we seem to be in conflict.

When we learn to accept all the things we can be, we will be able to love all the ways the world outside us can be.

What conflict is helping me grow today?

Old 03-18-2005, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

In typical codie fashion, my conflict is often between doing what is right and healthy for me and doing what is "expected' of me for others. Sometimes these two concepts are at opposite ends of the scale.

Sometimes my conflict is between doing what is right for me and doing what I have always done...and that requires thought, change and all my recovery tools.

Where there is conflict, there is no peace. I need to think about this today and decide where I want to be. Thanks, Doug, for the early morning brain tapper.

Hugs
Ann
Old 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

My conflict is usually self imposed. Sitting way to high on that pitty pot while having a pitty party. Once I recognize the issues that get me there, I have to ask do I want to be happy or do I want to be right? If I'm miserable so must everyone around me be. Not a healthy way to live. I forget my own advice in choosing my attitude quite often and have to sit an reflect on the gratitude I do have.

Acceptance of the fact my conflict is my doing, realizing my reactions towards others only does harm when I'm hurting is simply no fun. It doesn't take much to jolt me back into my selfish self sometimes and I much prefer to have that sense of peace. Only a reminder I'm still an alcoholic and work must be done in order to maintain that sense of balance.

I'm glad I had a friend here to day who could share a message I needed to hear Doug. Thank you.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am new to the boards and wasn't sure what I could get out of them. I have been in recovery for almost ten years and I am just trying to find ways to freashen it up a little, and I think I found it. I have been in conflict for a couple months now. I knew deep inside that I was fighting with something and couldn't or didn't want to look at it. I have been suggested by my sponsor to start on my steps, again, and have been putting it off. I have been wrestling inside with little things that usually don't bother me, but now a days they seem huges and out of control. After reading this post I realized what was happening. It is amazen how HP works and I am so greatful for this board and a new tool for my recovery.

Gwen