Notices

Relationship Trouble...

Old 03-05-2005, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relationship Trouble...

I'm wondering how many of you were in a realtionship with someone who wasn't an addict? When they finally got tired of your using, lying, etc., and threw you out....or left on their own....when did you realize what a mistake you made with that person? Or did you at all? If you did, what did you do to make it right, or try to win them back?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Exclamation Similar Situation

Hi,

I am not in your exact situation, but a similar one. My husband and I have been using together since we were in high school 12 years ago. I was using up unitil 35 days ago, and part of me wishes I was in your situation and my husband didnt use at all b/c now I am sober and it hurts to watch him use. I know he loves me, and he says he is proud of what I have done. But there are time when I cant stand him lately b/c he is using and I feel like I need him, I get no attention, and I worry if something was to happen and I couldnt wake him up. I am very guilty for feeling this way, b/c we have never had a fight and I have never felt like this about him before. I wont leave him, but I can see where it is definately hard if only one person is using b/c the one who is not feels like the one who is cares more about their using than them. They dont realize that even if there using is somewhat controlled that it hurts the non user b/c they feel left out of a major part of your life, and it is lonely. When we were messed up together I never know what it was like to be around someone who is only half there mentally although they are there physically. Maybe you should ask if hurting this person by your using is worth possibly loosing them, or even if they stay, to chip away at their spirit b/c of what you choose to do.

Good luck,
CD