Notices

Ending the silence

Old 03-02-2005, 11:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ending the silence

I have somewhat of an update on my friend, and I feel like I just need to tell someone. I can’t really tell all the details to my friends who live near me, but that’s a different story. So last night, I was able to talk to my best friend, and that totally made my day, even if it wasn’t for very long. I didn’t get to ask all the questions I wanted to, but at least I know he’s still alive, which right now is more than enough for me. He said that his dad is tracking his emails, which I’m guessing has something to do with him using drugs and getting money from friends online. I was kind of surprised because he was somewhat back to his “old self” for a few seconds and was joking around with me. It was a bit reassuring… even though him being that way will scarcely happen anymore, at least until he’s free of heroin.

I’m pretty sure this was the only time [out of three times] that I’ve talked with him since he told me where he was not on the drug, or had used it within the last 24 hours. He told me that he felt a little better and could actually say full sentences. I was scared to ask why he couldn’t normally use full sentences, but I’m pretty sure it has to do with the heroin. I was wondering if anyone on here knew if that is one of the affects of using heroin? If anyone could let me know, I’d really appreciate it. I still have a lot of questions I’d like to ask him, but I’m guessing I’m going to have to wait awhile before I get the chance to talk to him again.
**Kristen
Old 03-04-2005, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heroine affects us all in different way. I know someone who couldn't speak full sentences when he first got clean. He used to say words with noises and beeps and hand motions in between. The scary part was, I understood exactly what he was trying to say. Today, he is one of the best speakers I have heard.

Ask questions if you need to. There is no guarantee that the answers will be given, but try.