Notices

Lost in the fog

Old 02-24-2005, 12:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NAIOU

Lost in the fog

This is my first post. I have been a member of NA since 1988. I have had 5yrs of clean time. 3yrs of clean time&1yr.of clean time. I have had Kidney stones 7 times since 1988. I had no choice but to take pain killers,even though my doctor new I was an addict (My drug of choice was Heroin). I relasped 3 times. I used 10 times more drugs than I ever did(used for 30 yrs),I could not stop. I was on that 4 to 6 hour cycle. I could not maintain that kind of habit,so I went on methdone for 2 years.(45mg). After detox, I did not sleep for 45 days. Sleep dep. made me into a mental case. This was after 5yrs of clean time. After 3 yrs of clean time & more kidney stones, same old story,back on methadone for 2 more yrs. I had another kidney stone back in march 2004,while on methdone. I made an decision to get off the methadone,with the new easy bumorphine. All they did was addict me to an other painkiller. No sleep at this point for 14 days (sleep dep.). Now I am a total nut case. If anyone has ever had sleep dep. you under stand how I feel. But guess what I am drug free, but going off on everyone around me from lack of sleep. Will sleep ever come? In need of help. Thanks Logo
Old 02-24-2005, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Have you ever tried chamomile tea? it is very relaxing naturally....most groceriey stores sell it. Congrats on the clean time and keep coming back!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NAIOU

SPLENDRA: I have tried everything known to man. I have allways had a sleep disorder. The first time I detoxed I did not sleep for 45 days. I had to be put in the hospital for it. Sleep depervation is highy dangerous & can cause death. It turns you into a monster. The only thing that will put me to sleep is a hammer to the head. Thanks for the advice.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((Logo)))

I am well aware that sleep depravation is very dangerous!!!!! I am praying for you and hope you can find a solution not a hammer very soon.....
Old 02-24-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cj.
Mending

Welcome to SR logo!!

When I can't sleep (sorry, no long deprivation here!) I grab one of my really boring books, lay down on my side, close one eye so it's kinda like squinting and causing strain on my brain, and after a while, the other eye becomes tired and closes on its own and the next thing I know, I wake up and had a good couple hours snooze!!

Not scientific, but it works for me!!

Peace
cj