Notices

Now I know how my Mom felt.

Old 02-23-2005, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now I know how my Mom felt.

My daughter is at it again.

Last night I confronted her. She looked high. Her pupils were dilated, eyes glassy, dry mouth, running all around the house, doing all kinds of 'little projects', not normal behavior. She looked and acted like she was on speed.

Before I confronted her, I told my husband to see what he thinks, and he suggested we check my sons Ritalin, script. Sure enough, we had a large bottle that was more than 1/2 full, and last night when we checked, it was almost empty.

It was very late when we confronted her, and it wasn't pretty. She denied it of course, threatened to run away, and we hate her and all that addict stuff we say. We couldn't do anything to prove it last night, so today I am getting home drug testing kits and testing her. I ordered a few extras just to keep around the house.

I made plans to stay home from work today to deal with this. It sucked last night when I realized I had to clean out the medicine cabinet and hide my sons ritalin and my migraine medication. I am thinking I should also hide my anti-depressants and over the counter cold meds too. I actually felt the need to take my purse into the bedroom with me last night. I have never had to do that.

I couldn't really sleep last night, I kept waking up and thinking about what I have to do today. We discussed what we will do if the test comes back positive, which we are 99% positive it will. There is a very good juvenile rehab. in our area, and we know most of the counselors and alot of the other staff as well. We are going to see if we can get her in there.

Her biological father thinks she is too young to be sent to rehab. (the man who shoots coke and heroine, but NA doesn't apply to him). Like I really care what he thinks. I think he needs rehab too!

I just need to vent and get out some of this hurt and frustration.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(namommy)...I don't have any words of wisdom, just wanted to say I am praying for you and your daughter. I have 2 small children, and dread the day when this type thing may happen to them. I can't imagine how painful it must be - but, you sound very wise and like a woman with a plan - I admire that. I hope all works out for the best...
Old 02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are in my prayers Namommy.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Laurie, I am saying extra prayers for you and for your daughter. I hope you find a solution.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cj.
Mending

(((((Laurie)))))

We care for our children the best that we can through their growing up years and what do they go and do? They become masters of their own universe and snub mostly everything we teach them. Ahhhh..... If they only knew, we sigh.

The thing about teenagers is that they DO know!! Yet somewhere in their quest for independence, they must find out for themselves. I have two teenage daughters and first hand experience with what you are going through. The only thing that helps me keep some sanity in my perspective is lots of prayer and remembering how it was for me as a young person. If I did it, chances are they are going to check it out too!!

The best thing that I can do for them today is to make sure that they know that if they get into trouble and want my help, I will be the safe haven for them but I will absolutely not condone using and disrespect in my home.

Thanks for sharing your life and struggles, Laurie. You are a beautiful woman and a super good mom.

Peace
cj
Old 02-24-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello all,

My daughter went to her father's for a few days. He is (for now) trying to get 'sober'. I am also not worried because he lives with his mother, and that woman is like a nasty little watch dog. My daughter won't even be able to pee without being followed. She wanted to go since she is suspended from school, and I agreed. I need some time to regroup. If I can get a good nights sleep, and think with a clearer, less tired mind, things will be OK. That doesn't mean she is miraculously going to stop using, it just means I can get a better perspective on things. At least until the next time sh*t hits the fan.

I am so stressed out, I am in physical pain. The muscles in my neck, shoulders and back have tightened to the point of being painful. That in return is contributing to my stress/migraine headaches.

I decided to take some much needed 'ME' time tonite. Relaxed in a hot lavender oil bath, scrubbed and exfoliated with lavender soap, lavender shampoo, my husband came in a scrubbed my back for me. then I treated myself to some lavender body lotion. It was wonderfully relaxing. Now, as soon as I get everyone else settled down and asleep, I can do the same. (kids are still up since it is snowing like a b*tch and there is no school tomorrow).

thanks for being here.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Laurie honey, you need to go and get a massage. I think it would help you immensly. This stress and tension isn't good for you. I'm glad you took some ME time and got a bath.

I hope that when your daughter comes home, you can talk to her and come to the same place in what to do. I know that you are strong, and I know that you will get through this. I'm still praying!!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had the meeting this AM with my daughters school. It went really well. There are alot of rules that she must follow now, or she will be expelled. When she comes home, I will sit down and go over everything with her.

I have off today, so I made plans to go to the 1PM meeting. I need to get to a meeting outside of my area so I can share about my sponsor situation. One downfall about being in recovery around here is you can't share ANYTHING without it getting out on the grapevine. Most times, it is out before the meeting is even over.

We have pretty good recovery around here, very focused on the steps, traditions and service, but that damn grapevine needs to be weed wacked.