Now I'm working on me.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Now I'm working on me.

I have spent the weekend racking my brain about what to do with myself. I am fine without the pills now, (today is 3 weeks clean) but I am finding myself at a much higher weight than I'd like to be at. I have been substituting food for the vicodin.

Today I went and checked out a gym close to my house. They are running a special, $39.99 a month for 3 months. I'm going to go there tommorrow and sign up. They have a sauna, tanning beds, all of the latest machines, and childcare on the premises. That was the selling point for me.

I even talked my best friend MB into coming with me tommorrow to try it out. I am sooo excited. I wanted to go today, but Mike's car is in the shop, so he's using mine and I'm grounded.

Wish me luck, I think this just may be the "thing" that has been missing. Working out will not only help me lose weight, but it will lower my blood pressure, my cholesterol and help me sleep. I can't wait to get started, but I will be very careful not to over do it, or replace one addiction with another.

Have a wonderful clean day!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I went today, and I LOVED it!! I worked out with some weights, and walked on the treadmill for a while. I finished up with a sauna, and feel WONDRFUL!!

Just wanted to share. Have a great day!!
Old 02-22-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you. I'm feeling very fat and lazy after reading your post. I think I'll have another cup of tea while I wrestle with the fact I live a couple of hundred yards from a gym.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

roxann

Hey you , You sound great..Im 10 feet from a Bo-flex that is a clothing hanger.. My weening off experiment went well for 2 weeks and a mtg everynight to boot But was cleaning the garage when unfortunately found one of ( I hope not) 100 stash spots and found 20 pills.Now I was down to one half pill a day and youd think I would flush them , or make em last 40 days ( deathly afraid of siezuring home alone) but Like the junky I am ate 15 in one horrible swallow yesterday. WIERD THING/good thing. i didnt get high just a violent tummy ache since I guess my system was adjusting to way lesser ammounts..back to I HATE MYSELF is the worst part but im stubborn and will go to a NA mtg 2 nite..How come MY WAY NEVER WORKS???because its my wayMy poor wife thinks the worse is over & I should be back to my loving, energetic, horny old self. any day. I feel like such a fraud & hypocrite.. this will pass & I still have hope but am inches from going the subloxone route...god bless ya woodchip
Old 02-22-2005, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you. I just started exercising again also, after a month off of vicodin and it really does help. I have gained a bunch of weight since I quit, and I eat too much.

Anyway, I don't always want to go to the gym, but I always feel better after I do it (just like meetings)!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Originally Posted by hopeful2day
Anyway, I don't always want to go to the gym, but I always feel better after I do it (just like meetings)!

EXACTLY what I was thinking hopeful!!!! I feel so good right now.

Woodchip, I'm going to email you dude.

Andy, c'mon jog on down to the gym, you'll be glad you did!!
Old 02-22-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Roxann, If you e-mail me..be gentil. It may be 2 hours or so before I get it because ( this sounds like a friggin broken record) it's 6:40 here and Im off """with my tail between my legs"" to a mtg. AA since no NA around here tonight.taking my immodium a.d. and sitting near the bathroom,, thanks & You keep up the great worx ( im jealous) youve got what I want But I can only get it a day ata time starting today L, woodchip
Old 02-22-2005, 03:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

You can do it Chris. ((HUGS))
Old 02-23-2005, 10:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Meow!

You go girl!!! wooooooooohooooooooooooo

BTW.........................
Where's Gary?????? I miss Gary!!!!! Meooooooooooow!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I'll put him back. RIGHT NOW!!! You can use him if you want too!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Meow!

meoooooooooooooow!!!! Thanks!! He's such a cutie!! thanks :lumpy