Please don't let him die

Old 02-19-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Please don't let him die

I really go crazy...I can't sleep and don't know what to do
My oldest cat Gothan (8 years old)I found today in the livingroom completely skin to the bone and he doesn't have a lot of strenght...Earlier today I asked my bf if he did see Gothan becos I didn't saw him for a while...I've got 6 cats but gothan is the oldest and my favorite...I phoned to the animalhospital (it's one o clock in the night)And they said they can't do nothing until mondaymorning..Then they can take some blood and check out what the problem is...I'm not very good in prayin' but all I keep repeating in my head is please don't let him die..he ate a bit and drank a lot of water....Realy I'm competely upset and I'm cryin cos I can't do a thing bout it...And in a way I'm angry too...If they can take blood of people during the weekend why can't they take blood of an animal...I was wondering if I could ask you people (I hope it doesn't sound selfish)If you could say a prayer for my lovely cat Gothan...I realy love him so much and I can't stop cryin'...He's lyin' on the cough now and I just put a candle in front of him and kept repeating in my head...Please don't let him die...I'm not very good in prayin'...But I do believe in the power of prayers...I hope everything will turn out fine and I realy don't know how I'm gonna make it one more day and night without worying and bein' upset...Or is there maybe someone who had the same with his/her cat...I realy don't know what's wrong with him but all I know is that I don't want to loose him...It would make me so sad...He realy is my favorite cat...And now he looks so helpless...Can you please do that for him..Light a little candle...Maybe it can help if you visualise him...It's a complete black cat with nice yellow eyes...We went through so much together...O.K I stop writing cos I could keep on writing until monday morning... Love from Stefanie
Old 02-19-2005, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Stefanie))))
Prayers for Gothan...
and for your peace...
Our animals become a part of our family...I've lost 6 dogs....Loved every one of them...
Shalom!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stefanie,

I know how you feel. I will pray for his recovery and picture the beautiful black cat that he is. I have lost two cats in the past 14 months and I have not recovered from the loss yet. I understand completely how you went through so much together. So did I with my cats and they always love you.

Anna
Old 02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Thanks very much Historyteach
Old 02-19-2005, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((ARIES)))

I am praying for your kitty ((((Gotham))))).
Old 02-19-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am so sorry i know it hurts. I had 4 dogs for 3 for 18 years and 1 for 19 years. and when i eventually put them to sleep it was like losing a baby to me. I totally understand. BUt you know the fact he is eating is a very good sign. thats what the vet always told me. Do you have emegency clinics you could take him too. I would look in the phone bood and take himt to one and they will find out then and there and start getting him better. We will think positive and pray for his recovery!!! dot
Old 02-20-2005, 03:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

how is gotham

I am at work and have been praying for you baby, gotham and bo, another sick baby on line. I pray gothan is doing better. try getting your vet to meet you, mine does. but i do live in a small town. there are gob of animal hospitals that will treat him. make payments, i just finished paying mine off. prayers are with you and gotham. dot
Old 02-20-2005, 04:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Thanks all...He slept all night with me and still I stay in the bedroom with him...I tried phoning the animal hospital and the only doctor who is workin in the weekend...But they both said I have to wait till monday...I was a little angry bout that...But in the morning I phoned to my own doctor...And the good man (he isn't even working this weekend)Is comming to get her tonight at 8 o clock...So I stay in the bedroom till then...Becos otherwise the other cats might interupt him...Thanks all...I'll tell u if I know more...Love from Stefanie...
Old 02-20-2005, 07:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Finding Strength

I am praying for gothan
I know how much we love our animals
Hugs
Michelle
Old 02-20-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will be praying for Gothan .I know how important pets are.Keep us posted.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I choose to live

So the doctor came to get him...He took a lttle look and imediatly said he had jaundice...He took him with him and is gonna put him on an infuse tonight...I kept asking him if he could die and he really couldn't answer that question..Tomorow in the morning he will take his blood and tomorowmorning I have to phone him at 10 o clock and it can be that I can take him home tomorrow...I realy hope he reacts good to the medicens and get better soon...But I kept on askin if he could die...And the doctor really don't know..He said it's possible...But he can get better too..WOOW I'm so worried...I felt so good last weeks...But today when I went to my grandfather I knew there would be beer on the table and again I was playin in my head maybe I could ask a beer ...But I didn't...I really wasn't thinkin' bout booz last weeks...And now I feel so vulnerebale for that booz again...I even was thinkin' if he should die...I'm gonna booz myself to dead...How stupid..I'm sure...Gothan doesn't want that...Wow I'm so worried...Everyone knows it's my favorite cat...Even Bruno said I hope he don't die becos I'm sure you are gonna go wild...I know the best thing I can do is relax...And hope (pray) everything will work out fine...I really love all my cats so much and I really treat them right...But all day I kept asking to myself what did I do wrong...Everyone who comes here say we have such nice cats and that they all looks so healty..You know it happened all in a few days when I was sick in my bed and not so bussy with the cats...And then I saw him yesterday and ran to Bruno and told him to come and see cos Gothan looked so horrible...Thanks anyhow becos you pray for Gothan....He's really so nice to everybody...He's the big daddy between the cats..If there's a problem between the cats he always solves it...I better stop writing cos I'm so full of it...Thanks all
Old 02-20-2005, 01:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I choose to live

This is Gothan [img]Gothan tussen boeken.JPG[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Gothan tussen boeken.JPG (6.5 KB, 529 views)
Old 02-20-2005, 02:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A little south of sane

Location: "For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe."
He's a beautiful cat. I hope he gets better quickly.

hugs
sigh
Old 02-21-2005, 03:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I choose to live

So I phoned the vet this morning and he told me Gothan had jaundice indeed and that the change he would live would be Fifty fifty...I can visit him tonight at 5 a clock...I'm gonna buy a stone against jaundice and put it around his neck and a friend of mine is comming along to do reiki on him...I wrote my story to all belgian newspapers and to vets organisations becos the lady on the phone isn't worthy to be called a vet..And if it happened to my Gothan it can happen to every animal...A friend of mine her cat has been cured of Jaundice ...So I hope my lovely Gothan will too..He sure has to stay one or two days longer becos he needs the infuse...Thanks all for your prayers and reaction...If he's back I make a beautifull thank you picture of gothan for you all...Thanks all so much...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

GOthan is beutiful

My mamma dog, FLuffy, was the care taker of my little family of doggies. When she passed the the two that were left, her babies, were 18 and fluffy was 19. anyaway i worried so much because fluffy was the peacemaker and made everyone get along. i loved each of my doggies so much they were my family!! i lost my husband in 99. then Foxy my favorite one had mouth cancer and i had to put him to sleep, i thought i would die then, but i survived and know he is in heaven! our animals have some precious souls and innocent and sweet!!!!!!!! anyway foxy and fluffy were together, mamma and daddy, and they had snuggles and fur fur. and slowly each one died of old age where they were having something horrible wrong with them and it was either let them lay and hurt or put them to sleep. i opted for putting them to sleep. i thought i was going to have a nervous break down but the vet explained that was the biggest act of love i could do. I made payment to the vet for about a year after they passed. I wanted them to even get transplants... i tried everything. I think our animals are like us when our time is up God calls us home and they are the same. you will have Gothan and he can recover 100% i know this if it meant to be if not honey, My prayers are with him and your family. I know how this feels. I cry writing this, just remembering hurts!!! take care and let us know. dot
Old 02-24-2005, 12:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Thanks for your nice reply polkadot..Gothan died tuesdaymorning..The vet was with him...I really still can't completely believe it...My friend says I take it verry well...Cos he really thought I would go completely wild and would even drink again...But I wont do that....This miday I see my lawyer...We are gonna do all we can against the vet that didn't wanted to help me this weekend...It really hurts a lot...He was so sweet...He had a very special warm caracter...Thanks for your reply
Old 02-25-2005, 03:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Angry I am so sorry

Gothan would never want you to drink because he is in heaven. i know anything that GOd makes goes back to him, our pets. My favorite dog was foxy and everyone thought i would go nuts when i had him put to sleep, he had mouth cancer and the vet wouldn't do anymore surgery on him. i begged the vet to. but he was havinng 2 a week and the stupid knot kept coming back. but i let him eat a almost whole pack of winnies and a steak and drove him around with his head out the window, he loved that. i then took him to the vet and did what i had to do.....boy was it hard!!!!!!! i didn't want to leave him there. i have pictures of him up everywhere!! i am sure you have gobs as well. there is a grief site for people who lose their pets on grief net.com. once again, sorry about your loss.....the more you talk about him, it does help love, dot
Old 02-25-2005, 03:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

(( Steph ))

I am so sorry about your baby.I have a cat named Sam who could be his clone ! Sounds like you did all you could.Good for you on not picking up a drink! Stay strong and keep the faith.Bless and prayers ^ Trish